5000 Free Listings for Items over $100 commencing 25/8/2014

Could have been a lovely way to start a beautiful day and the last week of the month !

Just received email - Hope it helps lots of you 🙂

No good to us little guys selling lower value items though

http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/promo/1937

Good luck, happy selling !

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Lynne8221 & cats -  Wahoo, awesome.  I'm outa here and off to do some listing - I never even tried it, hahaha, just read the T & C's and figured - not for me,  lol

Thank you 🙂    Hope it works for everyone - Happy days !!!!

Message 21 of 34
Latest reply

Yay, it's working for me too, but don't want to spoil the fun, what if they realise - the Miscellaneous T & C's are pretty scary 😞

Message 22 of 34
Latest reply

Take a screen shot of the promo in your eBay page - nothing about items over $100 there.

Small print advertising does not let eBay off for misleading advertising on sellers home page - given the promo listing tally for listings below is  functioning to reflect the listings are additional to regular freebies  🙂

Message 23 of 34
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

Yay, it's working for me too, but don't want to spoil the fun, what if they realise - the Miscellaneous T & C's are pretty scary 😞

Don't be surprised if ebay charge you for those listings at the end of the month.

I, personally, am not game to try it on. 

The T & C's say 'over $100' and that's what they mean.  Doesn't matter

if the link is working or not.  Maybe ebay just got a whole lot of listing fees

Message 24 of 34
Latest reply

Their counters have malfunctioned in the past and we've been able to go over our allocated number of free listings.  If it showed as $0.00 at the time the item was listed I doubt they could legally charge us later on.  It'd be like a shop having a price of $2 on an item and then chasing after you when you're walking out of the shop and saying it was a mistake and should have been $3, and insisting you pay.

Message 25 of 34
Latest reply

@englishrosegardens wrote:

Their counters have malfunctioned in the past and we've been able to go over our allocated number of free listings.  If it showed as $0.00 at the time the item was listed I doubt they could legally charge us later on.  It'd be like a shop having a price of $2 on an item and then chasing after you when you're walking out of the shop and saying it was a mistake and should have been $3, and insisting you pay.

Don't forget that eBay are a law unto themselves though, so charging later wouldn't surprise me!

Message 26 of 34
Latest reply

if you read the T&Cs correctly you'll see it's nothing to do with broken counter etc.. They clearly state in dot point form that it's for items over $100 (1st point) & for items listed in fixed price format (2nd point) - two clearly defined headings. It then goes on to reiterate that it'ss for GTC etc & again doesn't mention that it's only for $100.
Message 27 of 34
Latest reply

Oh dear, was really concerned as to what may happen in the future regarding charges, so please don't all shoot me at once . . . . . . . . . .  

I rang CS and once I eventually got to the Expert in this Dept. (and yes, I do have a Reference No. of the call), I explained what has happened with my listings (ie, that they have come off my 5000 Free (No mention in my Summary that they be over $100 - but was stated in Promotional Offer)  IF eBay try and charge me later I would need to Dispute, BUT based on the fact they have a record of the conversation AND that they have been informed I can rest assured, I will not be charged any insertion fees.  While they are appearing as Free, it is OK to keep listing.

The 'Expert' I spoke to was reporting the matter to the Technical Dept though - wonder how fast they'll fix this error !!!

So can I suggest, anyone who has taken advantage of the situation - ring & inform CS to be on the safe side, I doubt any of us would be listing like crazy if we had to pay insertion fees - if my sales of late are anything to go by, Insertion Fees just wouldn't be justified

Good luck . . . . . . . .

Message 28 of 34
Latest reply

A couple of the usual naysayers, and as usual I will ignore their advice  Cat LOL

Mbselection, most sensible to ring CS and thank you for sharing that information.

Also great advice for others to contact CS if they are not confident that eBay will honor the additional Free buy-it-now listings under $100.

Message 29 of 34
Latest reply

I would never shoot anyone - & as someone else said it was the best idea to ring CS & try to get the definitive answer - so well done in helping everybody else. Nobody wants to be lumbered with expensive fees for items they wouldn't have put up it they weren't getting a freebie. Fingers crossed that they continue. Cheers Lynne
Message 30 of 34
Latest reply