Account permentaly suspended but cant get any help/answers

Unsure where to turn for help with this one.

I have a main eBay account that I have had for almost 20 years now. Nothing special, mostly buying but some selling. I have 100% feedback and never any issue with my sales.

Created a 2nd eBay account to start selling virtual items from a game my son plays as I saw others selling the same on eBay. Did my research and found eBay allows more than 1 account and actually encourages it if selling items different to your main account. Also search that the items I wanted to sell were allowed and found that the items I wanted to sell could be sold on eBay with no issues.

Create new account, use my real details, verify my ID and bank (all details used are the same as my main account)

Create my listings make 23 sales (sell 55 items) and receive only positive feedback. Have a feedback rating of 15 (more but had return buyers)

I thought all was going well until I received a notification saying my account had been permanently suspended. Email below

We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended.

Here’s what you need to know

• You will no longer be able to use your account to buy or sell items and any new accounts you set up may also be suspended.
  • Any listings have been removed and they can be viewed below.
  • We’ve credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listings.
  • Any outstanding selling fees are due and will be charged to your payment method on file. If you’ve already opened any dispute claims for these fees, they won’t be charged until the claims have been resolved.

If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help.

Confused, I contacted support as suggested only to be told they cannot tell me why I was suspended. I request to speak with a supervisor and am told one will call me in 24hrs. I waited 24hrs and received no call. Contact support again and explain my situation and ask to speak with a supervisor only to have the operator hang up on me. 

I do a quick search and find this appears to be normal practice that they just hang up on you, call again get another person kind of happy to help until they read my file and they go cold stone. I ask to speak with a supervisor and am told one would get back to me in 48hrs.

Knowing this is a tactic they have used on me before I agree and proceed to make contact via email only to get an instant response, email below

Thanks for contacting us about the suspension notification we sent you.

We wanted to let you know that your eBay account has been permanently suspended because of activity that we believe was putting the eBay community at risk. We understand that this must be frustrating, but this decision was not made lightly and it’s important that we keep our marketplace safe for everyone. Learn more about how and why accounts can be suspended

You will no longer be able to use your account to buy or sell items and any new accounts you set up may also be suspended.

If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help. 

Regards,

eBay

I have tried 2 further times with email only to get the same instant response. Appears they have just black listed me.

Now I sold only a small number of items (total $450) and have a payout owing to me of about $330. All items sold were delivered and no one lodged any complaints. I had it set to take all fees before payout also.

How do I go about obtaining these funds?

My account says "Your payouts are currently on hold because your eBay account is suspended. You'll start getting paid again when your account is reinstated" but since my account is permanently suspended, I am not sure this "reinstated" stage will ever happen.

No one at eBay support will help, I have no idea what it was I did to get suspended nor will anyone even respond to any of my questions, even tho the base of every email the send me says "If you have any questions or concerns, or think we’ve made a mistake, please get in touch. We’re here to help."

Any help with where I should go from here? This experience has really left a very poor taste in my mouth, not the experience I expected from such a company. Unsure if it makes any difference but I am located in Australia

Message 1 of 73
Latest reply
72 REPLIES 72

I believe most computer games nowadays disallow the sales of virtual items.

And from memory, eBay don't allow it.

Have a look here - https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/prohibited-restricted-items?id=420...

image host
Message 2 of 73
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.

Electronically delivered items policy | eBay

Message 3 of 73
Latest reply

Under the Electronically delivered items policy referred to by the members above, I find the following section a little unclear. It says Online gaming virtual items are an exception to this policy. Does that mean they are permitted?

"Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format

• If the classified format isn't available on the seller's eBay site, electronically delivered items are not allowed
  • Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:
    • Tickets
    • Domain names
    • Digital trading cards
    • Online gaming virtual items"
Message 4 of 73
Latest reply

eBay have invited you get in touch with them if you have any questions or concerns, which you do. Pretty poor behaviour to keep fobbing you off. You already feel they have made a mistake, how on earth are you supposed to have that addressed if they won't communicate with you.

Message 5 of 73
Latest reply

I read this before I made the original listing and as another poster has pointed out the following exception

• Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:
    • Tickets
    • Domain names
    • Digital trading cards
    • Online gaming virtual items"

The items being sold were online gaming virtual items. This is where my confusion is and eBay support can. It even confirm if this is in fact I he issue. 

Message 6 of 73
Latest reply

The items I was selling are listed as an exclusion to their own policy. 

While I understand just because others are selling the se doesn't mean I can, there are hundreds of the same game and items from other sellers that have their listings active and working.

Message 7 of 73
Latest reply

Under managed payments, it can be illegal for ebay to inform you why your account has been suspended and ebay CS are unlikely to know why.

There is a veritable truck load of reasons, and account suspensions can also be triggered by

external agencies, property rights owners etc.

Your  sales funds will probably finish up with ASIC, from where you can attempt to claim them.

Message 8 of 73
Latest reply

Is it the same item your trying to sell on the account you are using here.  I wonder how long it will take for the accounts to be associated and another suspension.

Message 9 of 73
Latest reply

Answered my own question, located last sale which now goes to a dead link.

Not much point posting anymore, as the thread will eventually disappear if the OP continues trying to sell, will probably be suspended anyway.

Message 10 of 73
Latest reply