Another Great Month on Ebay NOT

Ebay fees are out of hand my total % for last Month not good.

Total monthly sales
AU $75.35

Total monthly fees
51.02%
Based on your monthly fees and credits totaling AU $38.44, your fees as percentage of your sales is 51.02%
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sell more, sell for more, or don't use eBay postage.

Given the max you can pay in selling fees is 10.9% you are either posting with eBay labels (an expense you will incur regardless) or you are foolishly paying listing fees.

The first is an unavoidable cost if you are going to send things to customers, the second is a seller choice.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Probably my best month ever.  Thanks  Ebay for the Sunday Promos  Plus the  3 & 4 day fee free promos.  Just checked and my

combined ebay and paypal fees = 6% of sales.  Dont want to check my Australia Post account though.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

You have probably already worked this out, but selling stamps for $1.50 with $2 postage is a totally broken business model. If you do the maths on the fees the outcome you have recieved is totally expected and if you factor in your time ?????.

You will be paying 15-16 cents commision on your stamp sale, around 20 cents on the postage component, 30 cents flag fall fee to paypal, plus any listing fees. With over 700 listings and no store, you could be paying listing fees unless everything is listed in the collectables section.

All up, sorry, but it is never going to work here.

As for sales I have had a very good month with the new store still making very strong sales and the second store that I downgraded from featured to basic also having a very strong month. This included a $600 bulk purchase by one client who got a seven day ban for posting a phone number in a message.. ( just one small example of the potential sales ebay could be losing out on with the no contact details policy ) The main store sold its regular allocated allowance, so all up one of my better months for a long time. I even sold quite a few things on Christmas and New Years day.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply