Anyone Else Get This Special Email

eBay
Due to a system error, some of your final value fees were not accurately collected.
Hi Helen,
During the month of October, we experienced a system error that under calculated some of your final value fees. To adjust for this error, you will see the missing final value fees listed on your next invoice. Click ???? for more information and to view your invoice. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you. At this point, there is no action that you need to take. However, you will be able to see the accurate final value fees reflected on your account status page in approximately 3-5 business days.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

Regards,
The eBay Team
Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Anyone Else Get This Special Email

And when the buyer makes a mistake, Ebay makes you pay for that, too...

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Were all sellers who received this email participants in the FVF promotion discount?  I was and noticed that I was receiving lower FVF's for items listed during the promotion but were sold after the promotion period ended.  However the terms did not state that it only applied to SALES during the promotion so I assumed it applied to items LISTED during the promotion regardless of when they sold.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

I received the email and didn't participate in the FVF promo.
Just another way of EBay sticking it to us 😐
Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

Has anyone else checked their invoice yet (for those who get them on the 15th of the month)?

There was nothing on my November invoice to show any adjustments for October so I laboriously went through both invoices and checked everything against my sales book.  

On October's invoice I wasn't charged the fvf on postage for an item sold in September but paid for in October.  On November's invoice I wasn't charged for two separate items sold in late October, but I was charged on the postage for them.  None of these have been fixed and I'd imagine for the fees involved and the time it'd take to fix it, it wouldn't be worth it, but I'll keep an eye on my next invoice in mid December just in case.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

I was charged 75c to relist a fashion item that was supposed to be part of a FVF promotion. I'm on hold with ebay right now so will advise the outcome

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

OK; I was told the funds would be credited to my account within 2 days (my invoices usually come on the 20th of the month, but not today) Evidently it is a known error according to the Filipino CS fellow & many have been charged for what was supposed to be a free promo offer. 

Please check your invoices if you took up the list 3 free fashion items with no FVF offer on or about 10th Nov - You may have the same issue I did.  It might say Promo in green capitals next to the item on your invoice & a 75c listing fee. (The promo also included toys & craft or similar category from memory)

You may think I'm being pedantic about a 75c listing fee refund. But I have sold so little recently & my lights seem to be permanently in the "off" position. I'm therefore loath to give Ebay 75c of my money for listing an item that probably won't sell anyway! 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting your 75c back. It may seem like a small amount, but if 1,000,000 people don't claim that 75c back, that's a lot of easy money for eBay. More people need to do that rather than just say "Oh, it's only 20c or 75c or $1, I can't be bothered". Chances are if you're down 20c, or 75c, or $1, millions of others are too.

When I wasn't working due to illness 12 years ago, things got pretty tough on Mr Tippy's low part time wage. There were some days we didn't eat and in the end had to ask for help from a charity before we lost everything. I learned the value of $1 and learned how much you can actually buy for that when you really put some effort into it. When you haven't got it, it's a lot of money!

Spoiler
For the $1 I found in the back of the lounge chair, I bought a packet of pasta that was on sale for 50c, a tomato for 35c and a single onion which was about 8c. We got 2 meals out of that plus I got change!
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Exactly Tippy; I've neen there too! If you are 5c short @ the supermarket, especially with rounding up, you will need to lose an item you needed in order to pay! 

When my children were little; I'd often have to say that I could make the item cheaper (biscuits, cake, etc) rather than have to say to them it wasn't something we could afford that week! I too went without food; Just so Hubby could eat & earn a wage & the littlies would be well fed. Lucky I can cook on a shoestring budget! We grew our own veg & had poultry for eggs.

Some weeks ago @ the checkout I heard a young Mum actually say to the 2 kiddies; "We can't afford anything more unless some money has gone into the bank" She had almond milk & gluten free bread - 2 items only - so someone needed a special diet was my thought.

I felt teary. I went to her & pressed a $20 note into her hand as she was leaving the store. It was what I had in change from my few bits, & said in passing "It's pay it forward time" & kept walking.

25 years ago an elderly gent gave my 3 kids under age 4 a Kit Kat on the steps of the Melb Museum / Library as we ate our cut lunch there. Chocolate was something I couldn't afford @ the time. We must have looked like country hicks on a day out - which is what we were -  but I've never forgotten that man's kindness. His explanation was he'd been to a movie & had a Kit Kat he couldn't eat. Would the little girls like to share it? I hope the man knew how much my "Thank You" really meant!

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

I'm less than impressed with how eBay has handled this. Smiley Mad

The only info I've got to go on is "October fees", which, since my invoices come through on the 15th, could have been on my previous invoice, or on November's.

Each month, my invoice has more than 70 pages containing fees, payments and postage charges (if used). 

I have no information that will allow me to narrow it down to which invoice, which items, or which dates to cross reference, just an email that says "oh, we haven't charged you enough money lately" and a bill that noticably increased. 

Typically vague, and poor form, eBay. 

dark cloud

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

I've given people a few dollars if I see they are short and are looking at what they can put back. If it's someone who's got a trolley loaded with obvious junk food I don't, but I've seen a few elderly people with basic staples wondering if they should put the meat or bread back. It's the worst feeling when you get to the checkout and realise you are short. If I can stop that embarrassment for someone I will.

As for the topic, I haven't checked my invoices yet to see where I've "underpaid". I'll probably have a look next weekend.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply