Anyone Else Having a Bad Weekend With No Sales

HI All

I am a long-term ebay member and have started selling on ebay again about 2 years ago and now have 1900+ active listing and I normally sell around 10 items per day and even more on the weekend... but for the past 48 hours there have been no sales... making me think ebay may have issues or something else going on...

Anyone super super slow with their sales.. or is it just me

Thx

Message 1 of 85
Latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Anyone Else Having a Bad Weekend With No Sales

Had to go back to see what you were referring to.Smiley Happy

Sorry for hijacking the post as the original content seems to have changed - but I think the information may be of value if the listing problem happens again.

While the problem of being charged for listings seems to have been fixed I forgot that some members are still using the old listing format.

On the new listing format at the top right hand corner of the screen in blue is 'Switch to Quick Listing Tool'.

This was what I was referring to in my post and did provide a 'workaround' at the time.

Sorry - wrong id - I'm pancake52 in another life!!

Message 51 of 85
Latest reply

ebay is just weird.... after posting this my sales started going back up from the 27 Spet - 8 Oct I had great sales and now it seems to be back to where it was before the 27th sept , I see if it picks back up this weekend... guess I will just keep listing and tweaking old listings.. what else can one do lol

Message 52 of 85
Latest reply

My sales have dropped ever since the Seller Hub was introduced by 50%. I get little bursts of sales but much less than previous. My friend is having the same issue. No change of products. Sales consistant over a long period of time ( Subject to the typical ebay stops and starts when they turn off my store or restrict searches) but once the seller Hub came in. Sales dropped straight away.

Message 53 of 85
Latest reply

I think they turn my lights on in my store from 27 Sept to 8 oct .. did like $100-$300 per day and now I guess the energy ran out because for the past 3 days my sales have been under $20 ... eBay please tell me how to turn the lights back on in my sort.....you have got me baffled... I have changed prices.. and gone from postage to free.. what the hell

Message 54 of 85
Latest reply

@ezimedia wrote:

I think they turn my lights on in my store from 27 Sept to 8 oct .. did like $100-$300 per day and now I guess the energy ran out because for the past 3 days my sales have been under $20 ... eBay please tell me how to turn the lights back on in my sort.....you have got me baffled... I have changed prices.. and gone from postage to free.. what the hell

Sounds like you may be one of the accounts hit by ebays sales averaging system. It might pay to check your 30 day sales against your 90 day sales.  Is the 90 day figure VERY close to the 30 day figure x 3 ?. Mine regularly comes in at less than 2% variation  month on month. ( combined figure for both of my stores which are linked in ebays systems ).

If you are affected by this, it seems there is very little that you can do to increase sales. It wont matter if you dramatically increase listings, sell at a discount or refresh old listings, you will still sell the same average amount each month. If you sell a very expensive item, or have a run of good sales, sales will slow until you revert back to average. The only thing to watch is to keep some new listings or account activity going to maintain the sales figure you already achieve.

I,ve learned to live with it. The sales I achieve while not nearly as good as four years ago are still well worth the effort of selling on ebay. I can budget on a set sales figure each month with a reasonable degree of certianty and concentrate new listings on items which give me the highest profit margins, rather than bulk listing lower profit margin stock. I also accept that I cant grow my business on the site and have concentrated my efforts on another business I can control.

Like all things on ebay you need to work within the framework of the ebay system and adapt as best you can to system we have. In the case of regulated sales, this means concentrating on listing slower moving, high profit items and staying away from fast moving low margin items.

Message 55 of 85
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@ezimedia wrote:

Sounds like you may be one of the accounts hit by ebays sales averaging system. It might pay to check your 30 day sales against your 90 day sales.  Is the 90 day figure VERY close to the 30 day figure x 3 ?. Mine regularly comes in at less than 2% variation  month on month. ( combined figure for both of my stores which are linked in ebays systems ).

If you are affected by this, it seems there is very little that you can do to increase sales. It wont matter if you dramatically increase listings, sell at a discount or refresh old listings, you will still sell the same average amount each month. If you sell a very expensive item, or have a run of good sales, sales will slow until you revert back to average. The only thing to watch is to keep some new listings or account activity going to maintain the sales figure you already achieve.

I,ve learned to live with it. The sales I achieve while not nearly as good as four years ago are still well worth the effort of selling on ebay. I can budget on a set sales figure each month with a reasonable degree of certianty and concentrate new listings on items which give me the highest profit margins, rather than bulk listing lower profit margin stock. I also accept that I cant grow my business on the site and have concentrated my efforts on another business I can control.

Like all things on ebay you need to work within the framework of the ebay system and adapt as best you can to system we have. In the case of regulated sales, this means concentrating on listing slower moving, high profit items and staying away from fast moving low margin items.

I'm the same; I can accurately predict future sales based on recent sales history.

I had a particularly large combined sale just over 30 days ago and sales tanked thereafter.

eBay is only interested in keeping us paying store and listing fees so will "encourage" new or personal sellers at the expense of others.

We're all allowed only a predetermined % of our category sales and will be throttled when we hit or exceed our share.

This is a highly manipulative marketplace that even has it inscribed in its terms of service ie eBay will not guarantee that lsitings will be shown and we can either take it or leave it.

Message 56 of 85
Latest reply

Thx heaps for that... great information that makes sense.. for a long time now I thought I was going crazy... I will do what you say and try and start listing items with higher prices and better profit... by doing this in a regular basis things should get better over time true...

Message 57 of 85
Latest reply

I also notice that if ebay team are doing any sort of "fix" or "upgrade"  the little sellers seem to suffer by having their lights put out.   It has been noticeable this fortnight - and I see they have been working on updating the postage calculator -  the ebay postage labels have all gone up 15cents - at least they are not outright greedy like Aust Post.

Message 58 of 85
Latest reply

Yes me too Im giving up too. Im setting website and gum tree and totally giving this up. Its not worth the time effort and hassle. At the end of the day I am so tired for someone to be sitting back taking all our hard work $. The very few customers that dont even give us a chance and quick to complain like we get posted with mail to know. Its hard work. our suppliers are closing because we mark things up and sell less. Im done ebay and not to mention the constant changes, policies, no support and endless chat sessions leading to nowhere.
Message 59 of 85
Latest reply

Has anyone considered the thousands upon thousands of extra listings that are now on E-Bay as a result of E-Bay giving sellers hundreds of extra listings every other week or so !!

Of course we all think it is great to get a large amount of extra free listings, but at the end of the day the result is an absolute oversupply and once there is too much choice, buyers will only pick the eyes out of this endless sea of listings (most likely the cheapest with free postage), leaving most sellers with no sales ......

Needless to say it creates an unsustainable situation that if only the cheapest listings/auctions will be ending up sold, no seller is going to benefit from that as most likely their items will be sold at a loss and the rest of the sellers don't sell anything at all, so there is no win-win for anyone, not even for E-Bay as 10 - 15% FVF on very little is still very little, no matter which way you look at it........

You might say the buyer is the big winner here, but if you buy something really cheap, you often get what you pay for and just imagine the problems that is going to bring ........

I think E-Bay will have to rethink all their crazy ideas at one point or another and find a balance between buyers and sellers that will work for once !!

Message 60 of 85
Latest reply