Aus Post sending various parcels to the wrong state!

I know Aus Post can be sometimes slow but they are usually reliable but for some strange reason all 6 parcels i have posted out on the 7th of march have been sent to the wrong state despite being scanned in at the post office to the correct address.

Looks like they may have had a problem reading the barcode at the scanning facility depots but i'm amazed posties don't read the addresses when delivering the items as they all hand written in black texter and surely they would see its the wrong street let alone wrong address.

Well looks ill be having to refund all 6 buyers, 1 has been confirmed lost in transit and aus post shall refund me lets hope the rest miraculously turn up!

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Aus Post sending various parcels to the wrong state!

If you are on Facebook, have you tried sending a message on their page?

Many people have said on here that they were able to get help that way

I tried once, took five days to get a response, which then ignored everything I had said in my complaint, but many other  people have had good outcomes as far as I can tell

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

@smboutique86 wrote:

The frustating part is that it is hard to talk to a person at aus post, calling the number just leads you to the bot who then says your parcel is on its way there is nothing else that we can do.

This is what happens when you have scanners reading barcode labels on parcels instead of humans dismissing the scanner and actually looking at the address written on the parcel.

I have had very good outcomes by contacting AP via their facebook page. I'll post a public message (being very polite, not the abuse that a lot leave), giving a basic description of the issue. Generally within an hour someone replies asking to send a private message with the full details. The longest I've had to wait to see results was 48 hours. They are very good, as long as you stay calm and polite while interacting with them.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Many sellers sign up for a Mypost Business account. Once logged in I just enter my phone number and usually get a call back in under a minute. 

Lately ebay have had offers to sign up giving you a discount straight away and you only need a small number of parcels to keep band 1 discount.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Had no problem contacting AP last week.  Online showed indefinite delay and recommended trying again later or using phone contact.

Chose to phone, on hold for about ten minutes, transfered and resolved in about 5 minutes.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

I use Messenger, private message to contact AP, much quicker than the phone lol. Alway get a quick response and excellent help!

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Yeah. I normally use live chat for  AP,  first time I have ever had  an  indefinite delay message with advise to try again later, phone or email.

So don't know what was wrong with their system.  GREMLINS

I know of a major facility (Not AP)  took a direct hit from lightening last week, knocked out all power including back up system, and also knocked out all internal and external communications, even the emergency/fire communications  system was roasted.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply