BUYERS THAT DON'T LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK AT ALL

Hello community.  the ebay feedback system allows buyers to judge the integrity of sellers by checking on their feedback. so what does it mean when you have several buyers now having left no feedback at all ? 

i am still new to this & is it that they are not happy with something ?, or cannot be bothered leaving feedback if you have done all the right things as a seller ?, or are they just rude ? i know its a voluntary system, but it is really no effort to leave feedback. am i overthinking this or should i just not worry ? 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: BUYERS THAT DON'T LEAVE ANY FEEDBACK AT ALL

A lot of buyers just simply can't be bothered

You are quite right it's no effort to do it

But as said, better no feedback than to get those buyers who either

a)buy just to neg

or

b)leave a neg because you did'nt hand deliver the item on a golden platter with a full line of backup dancers ten seconds after they paid 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

no feedback from a buyer is better than bad feedback.

Even a positive green dot with a critical comment is bad.

Don't swear it, just do your best when selling.

Cheers

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

A lot of buyers just simply can't be bothered

You are quite right it's no effort to do it

But as said, better no feedback than to get those buyers who either

a)buy just to neg

or

b)leave a neg because you did'nt hand deliver the item on a golden platter with a full line of backup dancers ten seconds after they paid 

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Assume no news is good news. People are more likely to leave feedback when things go wrong.

Some people wait to see how the item performs first, some wait until they have a few feedbacks and knock them all out in one hit. Personally I am less likely leave feedback if I feel nagged to.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

I say this as I always leave feedback.

But, calling someone rude because they don't is well need I say more.   I just hope none of your buyers see your comment, that would turn me off from repeat purchases

And the only person to answer the question ''so what does it mean when you have several buyers now having left no feedback at all ? ''  is the person who didnt leave you feedback.  

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

thank you all for taking the time & effort on this subject , your answers were much appreciated.  i just wont overthink it !  & keep going !

cheers . Al

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

When starting out as a seller feedback is important to you and you will find in time you change your view. 

Same as when as a seller to leave feedback. I would set it to leave feedback when the buyer leaves feedback. I have now changed to automatically leave feedback when the buyer pays, It will be interesting to see if I get more or less as there is no longer an incentive for the buyer to do so. But there are the odd few buyers who wont leave feedback first out of principal.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

@brickworksmarket wrote: there are the odd few buyers who wont leave feedback first out of principal.

As they shouldnt,  they fullfilled their redponsibilty when they paid, its now up to the seller to send in a timrly and responsible manner

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

I gave up even reading feedback buyers left a long time ago unless its a negative and as I said I leave them a positive as soon as they have paid  automatically. I figure this way a buyer can leave me a negative without worrying about not getting a positive in  return. 

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

How can a buyer not get a positive - you have already given it.

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply