Beware of fraud buyer! they claim you send empty box and eBay just refund without investigation!

As a long term ebay seller we just found recent case with return requstion and the claim of empty box sent. eBey just close the case by refund and no investigation. The buyer is a new account and no any purchase history. the account name is REMOVED and be careful! 

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Beware of fraud buyer! they claim you send empty box and eBay just refund without investigation!

Asiatic buyers may have lower scores, but blame Asiatic buyers publicly without any proof , is not the right thing to do, also it's against the eBay policy. The poster didn't even say it is Asiatic buyer. Why you say this? And look at the 3 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

Re: Beware of fraud buyer! they claim you send empty box and eBay just refund without investigation!

The ID was posted in the OP and most of us saw it before it was removd by the Moderators.

What is the problem with 3 other posters agreeing with davewil?

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

imastawka, like you, I find that of concern. Repeated instances of "you left wrong address", along with claims that buyers tried to "fraud us" are something to think about.

I'm also concerned that this seller who is clearly operating as a business does not show their ABN... and I cannot even be certain that there is an ABN. (Nothing shows on the ABN register with the seller's business name as shown on store.)

I will only purchase these sorts of items from sellers who are contactable, are listed on the register, and have a reputation that I trust.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Ummm, just as an aside, I've never known a seller to have so many buyers

who have not given the right address.

That doesn't add up either.     nope smiley.gif

Curious.  

You should take a look at the original addresses I receive, sometime. Smiley Surprised

Half the people in Australia seem to have NFI where they live. I even had one person supply an address in NSW but listed the country as Poland. 

I spend nearly as much time googling for corrections on so-obviouly incorrect addresses as I do actually addressing parcels.

But, that's the rub - they are obviously incorrect to me, because I know what an Aussie address looks like, and when postcodes don't match suburbs, but I'd be none the wiser with international addresses (most of the time, some errors are obvious). 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Ummm, just as an aside, I've never known a seller to have so many buyers

who have not given the right address.

That doesn't add up either.     nope smiley.gif

Curious.  

Given the seller's limited grasp of English, the number of wrong addresses could occur if they try to transcribe them from the paypal email, rather than cutting and pasting them.

But otherwise it's just odd, and doesn't add up, as you say.

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Does the buyers name start with a "T" per chance? 

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

I'm wondering if Ebay is going the way of Amazon in that they have recently instituted a policy that once a return gets the first scan, the buyer is refunded. As you can imagine, sellers are not thrilled over there.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Did it in 2018, when this thread was current?

Did you bump this thread in order to advertise and/or get people to click on policy-violating links?

Do I think you will reply?

No.

Yes.

No.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply