Buyer hasn't contacted me

Smiley Sad HELP !!! I sell Personalised Photo items on Ebay, that require buyers to send me photos. A customer has ordered and paid for (6 ) items, but (2) of the photos she sent were unusable. I have made and posted her (4) of the items and let her know, but can't go ahead with the other 2 until I get decent photos. I have messaged the buyer (4) times over the past 7 days with no response...how do I handle this? I don't want to do the items with the unusable photos...then I'll be getting a complaint (eventually). Has anyone any suggestions on what to do???... thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer hasn't contacted me

Hi there and many thanks for your suggestion. I've taken it on board and will wait a few more days, then if I hear nothing, then I'll refund the buyer. Many thanks for your help...much appreciated !!!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I would be waiting for a response to either get new photo's or refund for the 2.

Whichever the buyer prefers.

They may have gone on holidays.

image host
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Hi there and many thanks for your suggestion. I've taken it on board and will wait a few more days, then if I hear nothing, then I'll refund the buyer. Many thanks for your help...much appreciated !!!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

The best way to handle these kinds of situations is to decide up front how long you're prepared to wait for a response from buyers, and decide what action you'll take if they don't respond in time, that way you're not in limbo waiting for a reply. In many cases, the best course of action is a refund,  so I tend to send buyers 2 messages. 

The first one advises what I need from them and that a refund will be automatically issued if I can't confirm with them by X date. The second message is at least 24 hours before the cut-off point, and I mostly send it because eBay's messages don't always go through, but that's just a quick follow-up reminder that their order will be canceled / refunded soon. 

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your input. I DID send a buyer an item with the 1st. photo of the designs, as I stated in my ad. that if I didn't hear from a buyer, then I would post the default design (the 1st. one)...now...in the last few minutes I've heard from them (after 5 days)...and they want a completely different design... they would have gotten a message from Ebay that the item had been posted. NOW...they're asking me to hold off posting as they may want to buy another one, and could I send them both in the same package ... Grrr !!!... I've messaged them and said I'd already sent it ..,. VERY frustrating !!!  Haven't heard back from them ??? ... what is wrong with people???

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

download (1).jpg

image host
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

I'm scratching my head as to why you've taken almost a year to respond ?

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Foxy, I think something is wrong with the dates here as I remember responding to this not so long ago.

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Completely off topic, but wanted to say I love your posters! There is something there for everyone, especially new parents wanting to show off their bundle of joy. Great cheap gifts for grandparents, which they'd love!

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

2nd off topic, but like Tippy I think your ‘stuff’ is amazing. Good on you!

I’ve just saved a couple to buy for my grandies. Very nice 🙂

I wish you well with the other OP. You’ve already got the experienced advice.

Melina.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply