Buyers who cant be bothered leaving feedback

Anonymous
Not applicable

An increasing annoyance of mine is buyers who just cant be bothered leaving any feedback

Out of my last 20 sales i only have 10 of them who have left me feedback (2 of them are recent sales) and 8 people are yet to leave any feedback and its been weeks.

Feedback is important as i know my item has arrived safely, plus im trying to build up my business and i want positive feedback to hopefully generate more customers.

My policy on selling is simple. I use good customer service. I always contact the buyer and thank them for their purchase and quick payment (if they paid instantly). I always let them know when i will be posting their item. I always leave positive feedback once they have made their payment and mark item posted as soon as i post it. I even contact the customer to let them know that i have sent it, Good friendly and professional customer service is not hard.

Some of by customers really appreciate it and let me know. Others just dont care, i never hear from them and they dont bother to leave any feedback.

Does this happen alot to other sellers? what strategies do you have to aid in helping. I have sent a few friendly reminders about people "forgetting to leave me feedback". The odd time it works but most of the time it doesnt.

Message 1 of 55
Latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Buyers who cant be bothered leaving feedback

yes its annoying- because I wonder whether they're too busy to leave it (probably) - or if they were just a little dissatisfied (paranoia)

but then again no feedback is better than the cryptic stuff.... like "arrived". 

or when I got a lovely handwritten letter from I'm picturing an elderly genteleman about how pleased they were with their item. which was very nice but totally OTT. then I checked his profile and it looks like he's never left feedback so I wondered if he thought that was what he was expected to do!! - or preferred to do.

Message 31 of 55
Latest reply

@tazzieterror wrote:

Now, give me a kudo or I'll block you! Smiley Very Happy

No. You're going to have to work harder for kudos, tazzie. I insist upon something tangible such as the Swiss Diamond felt pan protectors, sent by express post.

Spoiler
As a point of pedagoguery (in its earlier sense rather than its later use, I hope!), kudos derives from the Greek and isn't a plural Hyperlink; hence, kudo is not correct. I will spank those who misuse this glorious word very hard with a spoon carved from the heart of adamant.
Message 32 of 55
Latest reply

Won't be me. I, unlike eBay, understand the word.

I will give kudos to posts I consider worthy.

Message 33 of 55
Latest reply

@countessalmirena wrote:

Spoiler
As a point of pedagoguery (in its earlier sense rather than its later use, I hope!), kudos derives from the Greek and isn't a plural Hyperlink; hence, kudo is not correct. I will spank those who misuse this glorious word very hard with a spoon carved from the heart of adamant.

Believe it or not, I did actually check on 'kudo' prior to using it in that form.  M-W said yes, OED no, and while I generally believe the OED to be a fine reference and the M-W a fine source of combustible material to feed a fire, today I was feeling rebellious.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 34 of 55
Latest reply

Oh, you rebel!

Wooden spoon

Message 35 of 55
Latest reply

@iamnotalone2019 wrote:

I also have Ebay sellers buying from me too who don’t leave feedback but expect their buyers to leave them feedback. (Idiots!) they get blocked too and it drives them crazy but they deserve it for being hypocrites. I learnt to block buyers who don’t leave feedback from a homosexual seller in Melbourne who blocked me for not leaving him feedback, it’s actually really liberating. Y’all should try it.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever read, and I've read some weird stuff. Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

It's like some kind of instantaneous negative Pavlovian response was adopted through that one experience - TBH I would hardly call focussing so much on FB that you go to the effort to reduce your buyer pool every single time you don't get the gratification / praise for doing the job you elected to do "liberating". In fact it sounds quite the opposite to me.  

Message 36 of 55
Latest reply

Feedback can be useful if Australia Post forget to update tracking. As soon as a buyer has left feedback they can hardly say item not received (unless they also have a bizarre notion of feedback and leave it before receiving their purchase).

Several time I've received a thank you email or text from a buyer who hasn't left feedback. And several times those are for items never "signed off" by AusPost.

My favourite feedback is "posted quickly" when they mean it arrived quickly - there really should be a feedback section for Australia Post / courier services.

Kudos to Australia Post for delivering a parcel to SA from VIC in 3 days this week (puts paid to my theory part of delays in parcel post was due to parcels going into quarantine for 2 weeks).

As any one reading this may have guessed I'm in Victoria with too much time on my hands, which I hasten to assure you were thoroughly washed before I started typing, although I'm not wearing a mask inside the house. Hmm, now which mask shall I wear today...

and if anyone reading this has reresurrected an old post in 2026, 2020 was the pandemonic year (hopefully not one of the pandemonic years).

Message 37 of 55
Latest reply

Bizarre , Its all getting too weird for me 🙂
Dont Change your Price , Change your Customer
Message 38 of 55
Latest reply

@iamnotalone2019 wrote:
I block all buyers who don’t leave me feedback, I give them 2 months to leave it, and if after that they still haven’t left me feedback, I block them. I Currently have 2 Ebay accounts. I have never once received negative feedback except for 1 time when I received a neutral because an Australia Post outlet in Queensland were committing fraud and charging my customers for extra postage even though I had already paid for $8.95 postage with tracking number from my end.
I have never in 3 years received a negative. My old account was Cornflakegirl11. Check my feedback. I send extra gifts to my customers on top of what they have purchased, a lot of times I pay $11.95 for express postage which they do not pay for. Obviously I go above and beyond for my customers. If they receive a fantastic deal with free, ‘new’ gifts, and free express postage And they do not leave me feedback, then they get blocked. They soon learn their lesson as I will list DVDs 3 times less than every other seller and they will find that they are blocked when they try to buy from me again.
They will so badly want to buy from me that they will create another account to try and get around the block and buy from me again but I always remember them, their names and addresses and will report them to Ebay and refuse to sell to them or cancel the sale if they get through my block.
Stupid buyers don’t realise that sellers have the power to block them from receiving a great deal if they just take take take and never acknowledge or say Thankyou. The buyers who leave feedback can buy from me again, it’s that simple. What seller wants to sell to an Ebay customer who doesn’t leave feedback? None of us really unless we are huge and couldn’t care less about feedback.
I also have Ebay sellers buying from me too who don’t leave feedback but expect their buyers to leave them feedback. (Idiots!) they get blocked too and it drives them crazy but they deserve it for being hypocrites. I learnt to block buyers who don’t leave feedback from a homosexual seller in Melbourne who blocked me for not leaving him feedback, it’s actually really liberating. Y’all should try it.

This is the type of post that makes me think that ebay should provide buyers with the facility to block sellers who they do not wish to deal with.

Message 39 of 55
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@iamnotalone2019 wrote:
I block all buyers who don’t leave me feedback, I give them 2 months to leave it, and if after that they still haven’t left me feedback, I block them. I Currently have 2 Ebay accounts. I have never once received negative feedback except for 1 time when I received a neutral because an Australia Post outlet in Queensland were committing fraud and charging my customers for extra postage even though I had already paid for $8.95 postage with tracking number from my end.
I have never in 3 years received a negative. My old account was Cornflakegirl11. Check my feedback. I send extra gifts to my customers on top of what they have purchased, a lot of times I pay $11.95 for express postage which they do not pay for. Obviously I go above and beyond for my customers. If they receive a fantastic deal with free, ‘new’ gifts, and free express postage And they do not leave me feedback, then they get blocked. They soon learn their lesson as I will list DVDs 3 times less than every other seller and they will find that they are blocked when they try to buy from me again.
They will so badly want to buy from me that they will create another account to try and get around the block and buy from me again but I always remember them, their names and addresses and will report them to Ebay and refuse to sell to them or cancel the sale if they get through my block.
Stupid buyers don’t realise that sellers have the power to block them from receiving a great deal if they just take take take and never acknowledge or say Thankyou. The buyers who leave feedback can buy from me again, it’s that simple. What seller wants to sell to an Ebay customer who doesn’t leave feedback? None of us really unless we are huge and couldn’t care less about feedback.

This is the type of post that makes me think that ebay should provide buyers with the facility to block sellers who they do not wish to deal with.

I agree totally. What a complete toss pot!

I think there are medications for these issues......

It has zero to do with leaving feedback, but might give you more of a warm fuzzy feeling than feedback will.

I so want to date the green dots I get on feedback. They make my life complete. I think I would seriously die if I no longer had access to those precious dots. Seriously, my life would be over. I'd have no choice but to kill myself.

Instead, I love getting the kaching of a buyer buying something. Much more satisfying than useless coloured dots on a screen.

Message 40 of 55
Latest reply