Can I get scammed?

ra7250
Community Member

I am selling real Items not boxes if you know what I mean, I am selling a so called "(YouTuber Bundle) 500Gb PS4 (Jet Black) Elagto HD 60 + RIG Headset + 2 PS4 Games" Local only, if a buyer buys it for $500 (any amount) and he picks it up and pays with PayPal, can he put a dispute or refund,ect? Example : He picks up the items pays with Paypal and he wants a refund (item dosent work,ect) Will he get his money? If so he has to return my items right? Like I have to press a button saying he has returned them? If so please tell me thanks.

Message 1 of 52
Latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

Re: Can I get scammed?

Hello, everyone. This discussion is getting a little heated and off-topic. Could we please remain on topic and communicate with a more civil tone. Thanks!

Message 41 of 52
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

the microphone listing has been removed by eBay and is no longer visible, not even in his completed listings.  Must have got done for keyword spamming.

The broken controller was ended and relisted as 99 cent start auction and buy-now of $20.

Smiley Happy

And in fairness the postage was adjusted to a reasonable amount. That's a start OP keep it up.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 42 of 52
Latest reply

@ra7250 wrote:
So I am curious to know is this allowed? I'm selling a item (Brand New) Example iPhone 7 + Apple Watch for $1700, $100 Above the RRP and I use their money to buy the items then ship them the items. So again I am buying real items in a bundle with the money they gave me then shipping them to them even though they could buy them for a separate amount and save $100

ricky, if you bothered to read the Site Map as recommended numerous times you would know that there would be a 9.9% Final-Value-Fee on the $1700 meaning you would pay eBay $168.30 in fees as well as 9.9% of the postage you charge.  Then, PayPal would take 30cents + 2.6% of all funds paid by the buyer i.e. minimum $44.50

Great way to make money!!!! Sell an item for $100 more than what you will be paying for it and then give eBay and PayPal a minimum of $212.80 in fees.  Good one genius. Go ahead, do it!

Message 43 of 52
Latest reply

The reference to buying separately in the games listing has gone too. The postage is probably a little steep in that listing, but I'm really pleased to see that the OP is trying to fix his listings up.

Ricky, when working out the postage, it can help to use the Aust Post postage calculator. If an item has a packaged weight of under 500g, then it will cost $7.40 to post anywhere in Australia as a parcel (it's slightly more if you use a satchel). I have no idea how weighty PS games are but they may well come in at under 500g even when packed. As sellers pay a fee on the postage cost to eBay, most sellers will charge a bit extra to cover those fees and also packaging costs. Charging $8 or $9 isn't unreasonable if you have to buy new packaging to send. Any more than that and buyers may well either not buy, or ding your feedback and postage stars.

Charging nearly $25 for posting those games would be a big turn off for most buyers (even if they are getting them for a bargain). Invest in a set of cheap digital kitchen scales (under $20) and you can weigh your items before listing so you can have a more accurate postage cost showing. Anything under 500g you would list as "same cost for everyone" and you insert the amount you want to charge. Anything over 500g, like the PS, you'd use calculated postage, which means buyers in different states will see a different cost. Sending to Perth could work out expensive if it's over 1kg, so if the box can fit into a 5kg satchel, then it could be sent that way as a flat rate cost to anywhere in Australia.

Have a look at the AP site to see what's available and put in different locations and different weights to get an idea of different costs.

Message 44 of 52
Latest reply

ra7250
Community Member
I'm getting money to my Paypal how long will it take?, also any recommendations for a kitchen scale?
Message 45 of 52
Latest reply

Kmart and Target do digital kitchen scales for under $20.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 46 of 52
Latest reply

I think you also need to read up on copyright laws. 

From EB's website: 

"The Website (including all content, graphics, and other intellectual property and elements incorporated into the Website) is the property of EB Games and/or others, and is protected by Australian and international copyright, trademark and other laws. Your use of the Website does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the Website or its content."

Message 48 of 52
Latest reply

@ra7250 wrote:
I'm getting money to my Paypal how long will it take?, also any recommendations for a kitchen scale?

Mine came from k-mart a few years back for under $20. They have a flat plate on the top which makes the weighing of parcels easier. Just make sure they are digital ones as 5g can mean a hike in postage so you want them pretty accurate. Mine weigh the same as the scales at the PO. The first few times, take note of what the packed parcel weighs and compare it to the scales when you post it, so you have an idea if yours are the same, or a few grams out. Then you can make allowances if yours read different to the ones at the post office.

Message 49 of 52
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I think you also need to read up on copyright laws. 

which would probably apply to using 'lifted' photos of an iPhone7 and apple watch for a listing of items he does not have and plans to buy AFTER to buyer pays.

Apple can be quite aggressive in protecting their Intellectual Property, including images.

Message 50 of 52
Latest reply