Can anyone suggest better cheaper parcel post services than Australia Post?

Hi everyone, both eBay and Australia Post are increasing their charging, and even paypal!!!  How are we as online sellers survive during this not so good economic? 

Does anyone know a better cheaper service for parcel posting?  Either up 500g or over would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

No one is perfect and it seems Aus Post have lost the plot.

With the new and improved NO CARE ATTITUDE. All with increased prices.

I have never seen so many complaints about AP as I am seeing lately.

So I think Fastway deserve a go.

If they dont work, so be it.

At least I gave them a go.

Just so over the lies and price gouging at Australia Post.

I hope there are lots of people leaving AP, they need to be sent a message.

Message 21 of 40
Latest reply

Just so over the lies and price gouging at Australia Post.

I hope there are lots of people leaving AP, they need to be sent a message.

Absolutely.  Right on! 

Message 22 of 40
Latest reply

hako1
Community Member

I have also been using Fastway for the past week and so far so good. Have already saved around $40 in comparison to using C&S. Will definitely be looking out for the issues listed above though to see if it's a viable long-term solution. Have only used C&S 3 or 4 times for orders to areas where FW don't deliver satchels, and for PO Boxes.

And the small satchel is indeed really really small - have had to get a little creative with some items!

The main downside is that it is all pre-paid, so I have a lot of $$ tied up in satchels. That is one of the biggest drawcards of C&S for me, the fact it is pay-as-you-go.

Bryan

Message 23 of 40
Latest reply

lyndalpn-cows
Community Member

Sent a large but light parcel interstate using Fastway this week after a tumultuous week of AP losing and breaking things (both bought and sold items).This was a vintage clock, difficult to pack and I was scared to trust AP with it.

Australia Post calculation for the box inlcuding insurance and signature was $42. 

Fastway quote was $30.85.

The box was collected from my house in Nowra (south coast NSW) at 1.30 pm Tuesday 16th and was delivered in Maroochydore QLD at 11am Wednesday 17th. Mind blown.

I'm impressed 🙂

Message 24 of 40
Latest reply

C&S ebay satchels are no longer cheaper than using the normal post, they are actually more expensive.. any ideas guys?? i have like 50 bags in each size 500grms and 3 kg and dont know what to do with them.
there is NO longer any 1$ for signature on ebay packages its 2.95 now.. costs the same at the post office and the actual postage(500gms) costs more on C&S ($7.15) and $6.95 at that post office

seems like fast way is the word here..

Message 25 of 40
Latest reply

I have about 100 bags, I will just use them where Fastway cant deliver.

I will still use AP for some deliveries, but probably only 20/25% of what I used too.

I hope others do the same and send AP a message over these latest rises.

I honestly dont think they expected the backlash they are getting over these rises.

I think they thought people would just accept the price gouging, I for one wont. And I hope lots of others dont as well.

Best way to send a message is to take our business elsewhere.

But I am so looking forward to using someone other that AP.

Message 26 of 40
Latest reply

For 20c and not having to finding packaging paper, I will stick with C&S.

The 3kg satchels are still cheaper, I believe.

Message 27 of 40
Latest reply

I am recycling my ebay satchels by turning inside out and using with regular C&S and sticking label on with a couple of pieces of packing tape.

The dark background makes the Do Not Safe Drop Sticker and Fluro Please Scan On Delivery stand out more 🙂 ... though it appears it might be the luck of the draw if either of those requests will be honored.

Message 28 of 40
Latest reply

Toll DX offer some very good prepaid products and very competitive prices for those who sell products which will fit into their prepaid products.

It is overnight delivery to most parts of Australia. All their satchels have an Authority to Leave so if no one is home the parcel is left. They cannot be sent to PO boxes.

Full online tracking is available also.

Message 29 of 40
Latest reply

I looked at Officeworks (who use Toll) and for me pretty much everything was more expensive. Dunno if Toll themselves offer different rates.

Message 30 of 40
Latest reply