PayPal 21 Day Hold On Funds - What We Should ALL Know

I will try & keep this as brief as I can & it may help others who are having problems with this:

Just lost an hour of my life, first ringing PayPal to find out why funds are on 21 day hold.They said not their problem - Ebay has flagged me.

Rang Ebay - they told me it was because I have not been an active seller for a month (incorrect)....then because my item has no tracking (true).... I said this was BOGUS and asked to speak to a supervisor.....another long wait.

Supervisor came on (after obviously looking at the transaction) and told me that I had been misinformed and that the REAL REASON was because my buyer was logged into .com & purchased via USA site.....and as I have no record of selling internationally, I was 'flagged'.

Buyer is actually in Australia!!

So I told the supervisor that they need better software so as not to 'punish' the seller and that I could have easily taken the first person's word and then contacted the Financial Ombudsman.....all for a software issue

Supervisor 'unflagged' my account

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Can't wait to get my next survey request 🙂
Message 2 of 36
Latest reply

They do the same with us. I just thought it was something they did with all sellers??

Gee, I'm really not enjoying the experience. It's a minefield. Goodness me - everything I learn is bad and I feel exposed (and I'm fully clothed Smiley Happy). It shouldn't be like that. And I shouldn't joke about it. But if you don't laugh??

You know, I didn't believe some of the 'stuff' at first. I thought it was embellished a bit. But, it is all true, isn't it?

You can milk a cow dry and if it's the last cow!!

Melina.

Message 3 of 36
Latest reply

The girl at the call centre even referred me to this and when I said  none of that applied to me, she started making up stuff....pfft

"When money from a sale becomes available"

When you're new to selling, buyer payments aren't made available to you until we confirm that the sale has been successfully completed. Although the payment won't show up immediately in your PayPal account, you can always find the current payment status in your eBay account.

Where a payment is held, generally it will be available to you three days after we confirm the order was delivered, if you uploaded tracking. If you haven't added tracking details, your payments will be available:

• Seven days after your latest estimated delivery date, or
  • 21 days after your buyer pays

As long as you've maintained an Above Standard rating, buyer payments will become available to you immediately when:

• It's been 90 days since your first successful sale
  • You've had 25 or more sales
  • You've had more than $250 in total sales

Note: If a buyer reports a problem with a sale or an item, funds relating to the sale may be put on hold until the case is resolved.

Message 4 of 36
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:

Supervisor came on (after obviously looking at the transaction) and told me that I had been misinformed and that the REAL REASON was because my buyer was logged into .com & purchased via USA site.....and as I have no record of selling internationally, I was 'flagged'.

Wait, what? LOL (at eBay, I mean).

eBay: Hmm, here's a seller with a good record, a good amount of successful sales, good feedback, everything looks fine.

Also eBay: whoah, they have a customer from a different country, on an international site? That's suspicious as heck!! Flag 'em!

Message 5 of 36
Latest reply

WOW! Yes this happened to me 2 weeks ago for the 1st time EVER!!!... Apparently my funds were put on hold as i'm a new seller with little history of postage success. WRONG!!! Well over 400 FB with most of it sales & 100% above average score. To say i was **bleep** would be an understatement & so emailed Paypal. 2 weeks pass with no reply from them while they continuesd to hold my funds to ransom.  As it was for less than $15 i wasn't going to waste my time calling either. 

Ebay & papal stupid policies, screw ups, glitches etc... IT'S NON STOP!!

If i didn't need to downsize due to moving to a much smaller place i wouldn't bother using ebay again. I really wish there was another site to sell on & safe payment WITHOUT all the BS!!! I used to love selling on Ebay but now i kind of dread it... Never knowing when someone will put in a dodgy 'not as described' just because they obviously didn't read the listing properly in the 1st place etc.. & all the scammers ebay seem to do zero about. 

Rant over 🙂 

Message 6 of 36
Latest reply

Thanks for the heads up - what a load of croc, how do they come up with all this nonsense ?  How about just focusing all their time, energy and resources on getting the site running smoothly before trying to introduce all these complications . . . . . . .

Message 7 of 36
Latest reply

If you didn't laugh you'd cry....

It seems I am now ringing eBay every week to get something sorted out....

I was grateful though, that the supervisor was on the ball

Message 8 of 36
Latest reply

Well, i'll certainly be ringing Paypal today regarding funds on hold. And, I'm ringing eBay about some duplicated charges for sure and some other charges in their invoicing I just don't understand. It looks wrong.

Do you need to closely watch eBay billing? I must admit we've been a bit slack.

Thanks.

Melina.

Message 9 of 36
Latest reply