PayPal 21 Day Hold On Funds - What We Should ALL Know

I will try & keep this as brief as I can & it may help others who are having problems with this:

Just lost an hour of my life, first ringing PayPal to find out why funds are on 21 day hold.They said not their problem - Ebay has flagged me.

Rang Ebay - they told me it was because I have not been an active seller for a month (incorrect)....then because my item has no tracking (true).... I said this was BOGUS and asked to speak to a supervisor.....another long wait.

Supervisor came on (after obviously looking at the transaction) and told me that I had been misinformed and that the REAL REASON was because my buyer was logged into .com & purchased via USA site.....and as I have no record of selling internationally, I was 'flagged'.

Buyer is actually in Australia!!

So I told the supervisor that they need better software so as not to 'punish' the seller and that I could have easily taken the first person's word and then contacted the Financial Ombudsman.....all for a software issue

Supervisor 'unflagged' my account

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Melina, your funds will be on hold with paypal because you are new seller in their eyes....you have returned to ebay selling after a long break.

You will not be able to get around that until you have proved yourself.  The best you might be able to do is get the funds released early if you can prove delivery and/or the buyer gives positive feedback indicating that they have received the item.

Message 11 of 36
Latest reply

yeah i did exactly the same traded for over 10 years on ebay and sold item yesterday to someone in australia.

he is german and often signs into ebay.de  where he bought my item then .

he has an australian postage address that is the same on his paypal account.

wasted nearly 2 hours with several calls and transfers regarding this BS.

On my Paypal account it tells me that the estimated date my funds will be avaliable is 31st of December 1969   ( no joke )

between these 2 companies im lost for words at the BS they continue to make sellers go through.

They dont practice what they preach about safe trading.

Prime example

I have shown them criminal offences commited using there site before and got a customer service agent to accidently slip and tell me that this person had done this before  .. and they still let this person trade as im typing this

Blackmail , threats of voilence and theft and arranging unknown people to come to my house and take everything i have...

ebay return money to this person and he sent my items back smashed.  i told ebay i would like to see you prove that in a court of law as i video record everything i do on ebay..  They prompty paid me ( ebay lost money )

If i have to make a police complaint to protect my house regarding certain members and ebay still lets this person trade today as im writing this.   Their offical response was " we give people a chance to change " 

I have folders full of emails from ebay and bad ebayers for any evidence needed.

But tbh we should not have to deal with so much **bleep** all for this company to charge us over 10% of everything we sell..

Message 12 of 36
Latest reply

did you ask to speak to a supervisor? That was the saving grace for me.....he promptly removed my 'hold'

Message 13 of 36
Latest reply

no they did not  . i spoke to supervisor for over 45 mins and typical bs would not unflag me.

she told me that i had to use tracking number ( which i always do otherwise no paypal protection ) once item was delivered ( international postage usually averages 21 days ) 21 days AFTER that item arrives your funds will be automatically released.....

i was like  **bleep**  @ 42 days before you release my money ..   you people are only earning paypal interest % on sellers funds...  ( supervisor had no comment in reply  except usual  umms and  blah  blah.)

Explained that she made me feel like a criminal ( sorry sir )  

Told them i would be contacting the Aus financial ombudsman  ( thats your choice sir )

Cant release your funds or unflag you  ...

Never have i had someone not recieve the actual item they bought or in the same condition.....

Also my buyer even offered to ring them and tell them to release the funds..  as i was keeping him informedto the problem.

He kept apoligising , but i said you did nothing wrong in my eyes , its all ebay being idiots and a failure for ebay system to identify and change people to the actual ebay that it was listed on

btw . silly thing is this morning i sold a $300+ item to sweden and those funds where not put on hold.

last month i sold several itemsto netherlands the UK and the states none of them put on hold either..

imho  ....    trying to talk to ebay is like talking to monkeys through a brick wall  >.<

Message 14 of 36
Latest reply

so....are you saying that you are not .de verified?
Message 15 of 36
Latest reply

there might be something viable in this old thread for you....happy reading

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Paypal-Enquiry-Releasing-Funds-Earlier-as-Already-have-anot...
Message 16 of 36
Latest reply

probably not. im unsure how many items i have sold to germany in particular after  10+ years of trading here.

i may not have sold 25 + items to there, But  like i explained to supervisor  , whether im selling locally or to the U.S. or the U.K or Germany ect. im still the same seller and the same morals , with the same track record to prove it . and i should not have to go and do another verification for each zone.

if i dont put tracking on postage im wide open to be ripped of as a private seller ( non business ) with no recall

i didnt list my item on ebay.de  , i listed on ebay.com.au with option to post worldwide.

because buyer opens up ebay.de ( even though buyer is in australia with aust postage details )and buys via there im bound to a different set of rules is ridiculous 

just as ridiculous as releasing my funds 21 days after the buyer receives the item ( automated process , unless i waste time and call /contact them ) , which is going to be over 1 month since purchase date 

main reason to hold funds they say is to make sure they have the availabe funds if problem occurs.

a seller must give paypal a credit card to sell on ebay , and they can put that card into debit so i dont see how that excuse has any leg to stand on

ebay is a global website , so why zone people .

Message 17 of 36
Latest reply

as i said in opening post....the call centre gave me the exact same spiel....but a supervisor 'in the know' told me it's a known software issue, because buyer is on a different site to the seller.

So, it SHOULDN'T be a seller issue....

I feel sorry that you have gotten nowhere.

My only suggestion would be to ring them again & hopefully you'll get another supervisor....even refer them to this thread....as the link above has the link to the Financial Ombudsman....
Message 18 of 36
Latest reply

i told that supervisor to check this discussion out .    dont think she was interested

told them system should recognise that issue

she said she could not manually do anything

she was a monkey through a brick wall..

i believe i would only be wasting my time ringing again  .  they cant even fix my  ' all account activity page after 2 escalations to technical team ( who are uncontactable and dont contact  to try and help me )

nice chatting and thanks for your input    twyngyn

Message 19 of 36
Latest reply

and as an aside....

the rubbish the call centre operator gave me about my lack of tracking (probably 80% of my items go into an envelope) left me with the feeling that (in the future) ALL items will need to be tracked, because they're 'clamping down'
Message 20 of 36
Latest reply