PayPal 21 Day Hold On Funds - What We Should ALL Know

I will try & keep this as brief as I can & it may help others who are having problems with this:

Just lost an hour of my life, first ringing PayPal to find out why funds are on 21 day hold.They said not their problem - Ebay has flagged me.

Rang Ebay - they told me it was because I have not been an active seller for a month (incorrect)....then because my item has no tracking (true).... I said this was BOGUS and asked to speak to a supervisor.....another long wait.

Supervisor came on (after obviously looking at the transaction) and told me that I had been misinformed and that the REAL REASON was because my buyer was logged into .com & purchased via USA site.....and as I have no record of selling internationally, I was 'flagged'.

Buyer is actually in Australia!!

So I told the supervisor that they need better software so as not to 'punish' the seller and that I could have easily taken the first person's word and then contacted the Financial Ombudsman.....all for a software issue

Supervisor 'unflagged' my account

Message 1 of 36
Latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Spoiler
And small buyers, at least of Chinese stuff. I hear people are flocking to Wish, though it really doesn't have the search functionality (yet).
Latest reply

i think just the opposite as ebay love people to ring  customer support as it lowers their taxes.

the customer ( person ringing gets nothing ) and they get another 'bucket' to wangle and write their super high profits off on to.  😄

Message 32 of 36
Latest reply

Alright  ,  Over the weekend my buyer contacted me and said he will ring ebay and tell them to release funds, as he cant understand why they do this and he was very sorry for any trouble caused.

I told him he did nothing wrong

He got back to me and said they said they will help me out and to contact them again and speak to ( christine , particular person that he spoke to )

Unfortanetly i cant be bothered calling for a 3-4th time and waste any more time of my life , and i told him i was trying to enjoy my weekend .

I do hate calling call centers of any type ( but this company takes the cake )

Now my sold page has been updated to this  . ( yes tracking number added to ebay )

Your funds will be available on: 22/11/2017* 

If they are going to help me out even after my buyer tells them to release his payment to me now /immediately ,why make me call them again and not just release the funds as instructed ??  Even though they have been told by the buyer.

Thats why i say  .. ebay LOVES people ringing them as the can wangle the bucket in their favour and the seller gets nothing for it .

Congratulations on selling your item!

Well done on selling your item! Although your buyer has paid, your funds will be held for up to 21 days and will be available by 22/11/2017

To make sure eBay is a safe and trusted marketplace, we implement this common industry practice in some instances such as Limited User History, Past Suspensions, and/ or High Risk transactions.

If a buyer reports a problem with a sale or an item, it may take longer than 21 days to receive your payment. So respond quickly to your buyer to resolve any issues.

How to get your funds faster:
1. Send quickly after your buyer pays
2. Add tracking details in My eBay under sold items. If you have used eBay to print your label, tracking details will be uploaded automatically

Learn more about how to get your funds faster
Message 33 of 36
Latest reply

I'm sorry, but if you have a buyer who is trying to help you by taking the time to contact ebay or paypal on your behalf then you really should follow up if you want your funds to be released.

Most buyers would not give a st*ff what happens to the seller once they have been paid......

You have a great buyer and all you can do is thumb your nose at them.

Message 34 of 36
Latest reply

Sorry, but I'd be ringing them also.....this is so BOGUS......might just set a precedent on your account & you won't have to go through this again....that's what I'm hoping
Message 35 of 36
Latest reply

Ill tell you straight up ,  Im not giving him the 'snob nose' i just know when im wasting my time for ebays benefit..

i know he is an excellent buyer .i told him i thought he was excellent and he did nothing wrong . ( i have sold to him once before , remember his name )  . when he told me he was going to , i told him not to bother as they delay , defer , and drag it out.

i had rang them 3 times ( 2 hours - superisor ( 45 mins ) and normal staff  ) before hand , and told buyer i was posting item as was impossible to get sorted before, and i was over it ( trying to sort out )

i also told him he didnt have to, but as you stated he is a great buyer and was sorry for logging into a forgien ebay page to buy locally, he tried to fix.

as far as the policy they follow  ; funds on-hold  ;   , i still wont get fund released UNTIL feedback is given.

i have no reference number from the transaction between him and ebay ( christine ) ,   he probably never asked as he has never contacted them before ( he asked me for the phone number , )

So when i ring again i wont get same person he spoke to ( probably not even the same building )   , they wont have it on my reference account....wasting my time again....( maybe once feedback is given i can , get it released  )

If they ( ebay )were serious about it , they would have giving him a reference number to give to me. or done it there and then and not make people make more contact about it

I can earn the total i sold item for in 1 hour in my job @ $85 after postage in my trade .  so 3 times that for zero $ extra is plain silly.....

This is ebay at there best , wangeling the 'customer call line' bucket  to their advantage !!

I have been there since     12-Jan-03      longer than both  .    have seen lots of ebay BS and new policy changes ,  and know the time wasting stuff they do.

I do this not as /for      'a income'  as you can tell by my smaller number of feedback...

twyngwyn asked for update and that is it....

have a good day..

P.S> this was a listing free of final fees.....so  technically they lost a wopping $9 ,, but made  @ 3 x hours wages ect... in tax write offs.

Do the maths  😄

Message 36 of 36
Latest reply