Cancelling An Order From A Rude Buyer Who Wants Me To Email Them

I sold an item (a personalised poster), and received a very rude and demanding message from the buyer ... "get started on it A.S.A.P. and make sure it arrives (by a certain date), etc. etc, and communicate with me through my email address " (which they gave me in their message). For a start, I know we can only communicate through Ebay, secondly, this buyer lives in another state, and I know there is no way it will arrive in the time frame they want. I sent them a message via Ebay but have had no reply. Am i within my rights if I want to cancel this sale and refund the buyer? I am a pretty laid back person and go out of my way to please, but this buyer just takes the cake ... where have manners gone these days ???  Any advice appreciated ... thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Cancelling An Order From A Rude Buyer Who Wants Me To Email Them

I'd be making sure I kept the message with the email address - could be used to explain the buyer wanted to avoid eBay.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Will do ... can't understand how it got through on Ebay, but if need be, Ebay can check and see for themselves ... thanks again for all your help.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Just a heads up, if they paid, it is still a transaction and can still leave you a red dot.

If it is abusive in any way, you can ask ebay to remove it.

I thought if a transaction had been cancelled, a buyer couldn't leave feedback? Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong!

To the OP, definitely come back if the buyer is able to leave negative feedback.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

A buyer can still leave Feedback on a cancelled transaction, unless the order was cancelled because they didn't pay for the item.

Order cancellation policy | eBay

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Sorry you have been misinformed regarding exchanging contact information. Once you have completed a transaction with a buyer either party can send their contact details. It is only prior to a sale that you are not allowed other than allowing buyers to access your phone number on ebay if you have opted to share it.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

It's not exactly the contact details - it is the content of the rude expectations.

The seller has handling time - the buyer in another State.

The buyer has been totally rude & unreasonable - hence the seller has a very good chance of any dot removal.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Dom, if they're not rude and unreasonable in their feedback, it will stay.

Ebay will state it 'was the buyer's experience.'

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

We can only hope they are as big a D$ck in their feedback - if any is left - as they are in other communication.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply