Cash only pickup

In my listing i put CASH only as my condition of sales. As ebay rules everybody should offer paypal(among 3 options) as a payment method. In my listing goods are only for pickup, no postage. If customer denied to pay cash and like to pay through paypal, can i refuse to accept that. 

does my condition override ebays one?

Message 1 of 54
Latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: Cash only pickup

@stable05 wrote:

This thread deals with how sellers can get buyers to pay cash on pickup and ways to enforce that. 

I think it is still relevant

The problem with posting on a thread that was started long long ago is that eBay policies change, PayPal policies change, buyer habits change and things on eBay change sufficiently enough to make some of the advice given 18 months 5 years ago no longer relevant to today's eBay.

Spoiler
This is an edited version of my post from three and a half years ago
Message 51 of 54
Latest reply

old thread i know, i dont care,

"CHARGING EXCESSIVE POSTAGE FOR PICK UP ITEM IS BREAKING EBAY POLICY"

yet it's perfectly fine for the yanks to do the same with their excessive postage fees ....

Message 52 of 54
Latest reply

@qazpolwertrip wrote:

yet it's perfectly fine for the yanks to do the same with their excessive postage fees ....

That item is being shipped via the GSP, so it's not the seller that is applying the high postage.

Read up on the GSP here :-

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Global-Shipping-Program-put-into-perspective/td-p/2165256/pa...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 53 of 54
Latest reply

@qazpolwertrip wrote:

Why on earth you would presume this is a pick up item anyway.

Message 54 of 54
Latest reply