Charged $7.59 for eBay 500g postage label

When I purchased the label it said $7.40 as the cost. However when I look in my account activity it shows that I've been charged $7.59.

Is this happening to everyone? Or is it my lucky day?!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

Re: Charged $7.59 for eBay 500g postage label

To send a screenshot I used the reply function in the email account where my email messages get sent (gmail) - not on the ebay site.

I believe if you want to send screenshots through ebay CS mail you can send a link to a third party file sharing site like dropbox.  Here are the directions I was given in the past:

"You may use your personal email, registered to your eBay account, to send us the document needed via this email. Another option is using the www.use.com website which offers an option to upload documents. Once you have uploaded it, you will be routed to the next page where in a link will be provided. On the first box, copy the information which says URL for email, craiglist, IM, etc. and send it to us via this email."

You can also use this link.  The uploader is very strict about the file size limit:

https://ocs.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?OCSUploadMemberDocuments&action=browse&deptName=DEeBP

Message 21 of 44
Latest reply

Good news too.

I got the credits I was owed, and the last 2 labels I printed have been charged at the correct amount in my account.

Hopefully the glitch has now been rectified

Message 22 of 44
Latest reply

padi, normally I would agree with you about emailing ebay... I certainly would call about a return case or whatever.

But fee credits I usually find an email works well, especially as I can cut&paste item numbers instead of reading them out over the phone.  The silly answer I got the first time was worth it just for the giggle factor (and because I knew it was still solvable).

But disputes and the like...absolutely, CALLING ebay is the way to go.

Message 23 of 44
Latest reply

I will get my credits, after ringing them 15 minutes ago, within 24 hours.

The person I spoke to was unable to explain why (even though they know what the new rates are) they are, so far, unable to adjust calculated postage to the correct rates.

Message 24 of 44
Latest reply

I'll be sending off a couple of emails today to get my account credited, as of course, it doesn't look like they will do it unless asked!

Message 25 of 44
Latest reply

It was a glitch on the 4th September, all labels printed from the 5th are correct in its price.

I have not back from ebay cs in regards to incorrectly charged price on that day.

approx $20 overcharged.

glad its fixed. i can live with a $20 hassle.

Message 26 of 44
Latest reply

Which email address did you send to to contact eBay? I tried emailing ebay@ebay.com.au but haven't heard back or received the credits to my account.

Message 27 of 44
Latest reply

I went around in circles for a while then found this way to request a fee credit on the incorrect postage label fee.

I got replies and credits this way.

Hope it works for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Go to top off page > "Help and contact">fees and billing>request a credit>
next page scroll down to:
"Need our assistance?" "Contact Us"
then scroll down to #2 Contact Us - Email us

Message 28 of 44
Latest reply

Missed out one step there lol!

Both ways will get you to the page.

Go to top off page > "Help and contact">fees and billing>request a credit>promotional credits and discounts
next page scroll down to:
"Need our assistance?" "Contact Us"
then scroll down to #2 Contact Us - Email us

Message 29 of 44
Latest reply

Thanks, I'll give that a try ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 30 of 44
Latest reply