Chat with eBay staff - Seller Standards open now

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Chat with eBay staff - Seller Standards open now

I would just like to know why the accept return button is always checked when the seller goes to that page in the return process. There should be no buttons already checked, or at least you should heve the opportunity ti confirm or some type of double check system. Once you proceed to the next page, too late, you have accepted the return with no going back. I wonder how many sellers have fallen into this trap?  Me for one, never again though. No longer selling. Too risky these days.

Message 51 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:
Michelle, can you please answer if it is ok to use an account that is yours for buying or bidding on another account of yours?
Can i do this as an experiment?
Can i do this to test my settings?
Can i do this under any circumstance?
I look forward to your reply.

Calm down mate, you obviously didnt read my post properly. If you had, you would have seen, THAT I BLOCKED MY SECOND id before I attempted to bid or buy. Any attempts to bid or buy where done in the full knowledge that the attempts would not be succesful. As I stated in the post, that is in fact what happened. I was unsuccesfull in bidding or buying anything, therefore, no ebay rules where broken.

But as you choose to be so pedantic I will share another little gem with you. I had a problem with buyers being unable to purchase items on one of my selling accounts some time ago. I phoned CS about the problem and THEY ADVISED me to try to make a small BIN purchase with another of my accounts while I was on the phone, so that they could see what the problem was.

So just relax, no bids or purchases where made and no rules broken.

Message 52 of 68
Latest reply

Smiley LOL  Now you have opened a can of worms Chameleon.....how many misguided posts are we going to have to answer now?Smiley LOL

Message 53 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:

Was it not you that wrote an earlyer post that if a buyer starts a new account to circumnavigate blocks, to report it to ebay?

Would not this be the case of member using another id to try and circumnavigate blocks??

As well as trying to shill bid?

I am simply trying to get an answer from an ebay employee, after all would not they have the correct answer?

If I was trying to circumnavigate my blocks, I would need to use another id that WAS NOT BLOCKED. How is using a blocked id circumventing blocks ????

People who take the time to regularly try to answer questions on the forums need to know how the systems actually work.  Sometimes the only way to do that is experimentation, done within the spirit of ebays rules. 

Message 54 of 68
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Smiley LOL  Now you have opened a can of worms Chameleon.....how many misguided posts are we going to have to answer now?Smiley LOL

Its OK Lyndal, as I said, buyers where unable to purchase my items and my attempt under CS,s guidence was also unsuccesful, so again no purchase, no rules broken. CS,s technical staff where able to trace the problem though, so a useful excercise all round.

Message 55 of 68
Latest reply

@keythisin3 wrote:

So it is against the rules, but its ok because nothing was brought, 

Seems like its still shill bidding to me, if you click on this link it clearly states that bidding on another account you have is not allowed

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html

Sheeesh, NO BIDS WHERE MADE so how is it shill bidding   ????

Time for nice stiff drink me thinks....Smiley Very Happy

Message 56 of 68
Latest reply

You know that and I know that but some members respond after reading what they want to read even if they don't understand it.Smiley Frustrated

Message 57 of 68
Latest reply

The ebay platform is a bit like an ancient old castle. Over the years renovations have been made. Bits have been removed and others added on and the place has been redecorated numerous times.

Like this old castle the ebay platform has stairways leading no-where and quite a few old attics and basements that few know about and no-one ever visits. In my little experiment, I stumbled across one of these attics and worked out a way to identify catagorically when a blocked buyer was circumventing one of my blocks. I doubt anyone will ever use the method as it is hidden away, but its just a handy bit of information to have. I have never published the details on the forums, but some-one might need a PM with the info one day.

The combined experience of the regular posters here provides a wealth of knowledge that is often quicker and more reliable than a single CS rep. could ever provide. That knowledge only comes from extensive reading, years of ebay trading and yes even experimenting and trying things sometimes.

Message 58 of 68
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

The ebay platform is a bit like an ancient old castle. Over the years renovations have been made. Bits have been removed and others added on and the place has been redecorated numerous times.

Like this old castle the ebay platform has stairways leading no-where and quite a few old attics and basements that few know about and no-one ever visits. In my little experiment, I stumbled across one of these attics and worked out a way to identify catagorically when a blocked buyer was circumventing one of my blocks. I doubt anyone will ever use the method as it is hidden away, but its just a handy bit of information to have. I have never published the details on the forums, but some-one might need a PM with the info one day.

The combined experience of the regular posters here provides a wealth of knowledge that is often quicker and more reliable than a single CS rep. could ever provide. That knowledge only comes from extensive reading, years of ebay trading and yes even experimenting and trying things sometimes.

Book learning is all very well but there's nothing like practical experience to see how things really work!  That's the problem with the reps - they don't have any experience selling, unless it's in a very limited way.

Message 59 of 68
Latest reply

Thankyou for your reply,

I take your point that you blocked your id before trying to bid or buy off your other account, with thr full knowledge that it would not work.

Also i accept your point on your original post that it was an experiment.

Would not an experiment be an action to see the end result without having full knowledge of end result

Message 60 of 68
Latest reply