Click and Send Label Changed?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I printed out one this morning and it looks totally different (and worse) than last week.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

I can see lots and lots of claims for non-delivered parcels that AP will try to weasel out of, followed by lots of complaints to the PIO, followed by representations to the Government (the owners of AP), followed by the Government (hopefully) requiring their wholly owned subsidiary actually providing the service they (over)charge for. Admittedly after a concerted campaign in the media (if they're interested, but one should conceivably be able to find ONE).

If I ever have one go missing I will certainly go for the throat if I don't get satisfaction. As far as I'm concerned, when I contract AP to provide a service they, at least implicitly, are required to provide that service.

Message 21 of 45
Latest reply

I'm confused by your last statement re. Signature on Delivery. What do you mean the barcode is void? Why would the barcode change if it's already manifested one for you?

The post office computer system refused to accept the already manifested barcode when Signature on Delivery was specified as an option. The only way then to send with SOD was for the lady to add a separate barcoded sticker for it over the top of my pre-prepared label's barcode (so that the non-working barcode would not cause problems along the way).

So this renders the whole C&S preparation I did pointless and actually ends up being more work for both me and the post office. I had to go back and notify the purchaser of the new barcode, and then also lose the benefit of any email notifications myself and the purchaser were subscribed to.

Don't worry, we were both as confused as you are and I'd love to hear if anyone else manages to get it to work for them.

Message 22 of 45
Latest reply

I'm confused by your last statement re. Signature on Delivery. What do you mean the barcode is void? Why would the barcode change if it's already manifested one for you?

The post office computer system refused to accept the already manifested barcode when Signature on Delivery was specified as an option. The only way then to send with SOD was for the lady to add a separate barcoded sticker for it over the top of my pre-prepared label's barcode (so that the non-working barcode would not cause problems along the way).

So this renders the whole C&S preparation I did pointless and actually ends up being more work for both me and the post office. I had to go back and notify the purchaser of the new barcode, and then also lose the benefit of any email notifications myself and the purchaser were subscribed to.

Don't worry, we were both as confused as you are and I'd love to hear if anyone else manages to get it to work for them.

That does sound strange. Haven't dropped any parcels off so I'll have to report back tomorrow when I do! 

Message 23 of 45
Latest reply

The $1 signature option looks like it has gone and now is $2.95. I never noticed this until this morning.

The whole label being smaller is a joke. If you only have one label to print, yoo are wasting most of the paper and when you use the option to leave a card and leave at post office, the last few words type over the item number.

new labels are a joke

Message 24 of 45
Latest reply

Does anyone know where I can find bright fluro "Signature Required" stickers?

I found some on ebay US but can't find any on the Australian site or anywhere else locally, I want some like the below for example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200908795096

I really feel that it's going to be necessary to now draw attention to the fact SOD has been paid for as an extra service.

Message 25 of 45
Latest reply

I printed out one this morning and it looks totally different (and worse) than last week.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes, the reason why it looks worse is because the entire label is now one big bitmap image. What this means is that if you try to enlarge it, you it goes a chunky and pixelated. Previously it was composed from vector based artwork that prints sharp & crisp and could be enlarged smoothly if required.

Message 26 of 45
Latest reply

Must have just been a problem with the barcode that you printed because I didn't have such a problem today and one of mine was signature on delivery. They all just scanned as per normal. Cheers, minimikimusic 

Message 27 of 45
Latest reply

Here's another (unwelcome) change.

Today, the only option for Delivery Instructions (without the SOD option) is If premises unattended, leave in a secure location out of the weather.

Hmmm..... 😐

Message 28 of 45
Latest reply

Must have just been a problem with the barcode that you printed because I didn't have such a problem today and one of mine was signature on delivery. They all just scanned as per normal. Cheers, minimikimusic 

Thanks for the the info, I'll push them some more to find out what's going on when I take the next one in. The barcode scanned in I believe, but the number didn't relate to anything in their system. I wonder if it was a problem with the label or early teething problems yesterday morning.

Message 29 of 45
Latest reply

Here's another (unwelcome) change.

Today, the only option for Delivery Instructions (without the SOD option) is If premises unattended, leave in a secure location out of the weather.

Hmmm..... 😐

What is wrong with them ?????? AP is truly on another page, in another realm

Message 30 of 45
Latest reply