Click n Send Box prices not correct

I know the pricing has gone up with Aust Post click n send from today but now when I logged on today and used a BOX1 (00069) for the price has now more than tripled! Only sending over east from Perth.

I tried both boxes 1 & 2 and prices are way out as if they were overseas pricing. Instead of $7.10 (not sure what the parcel post boxes have gone up to) I'm getting prices of $47 & $77.

This can't be right. Have I missed something here? Will call c&S when they are open.

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Click n Send Box prices not correct

Yes, that is correct, its your 10% discount on postage
Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

The weight limits are still listed as 15kg for all boxes on the eBay help page.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/pay/shipping-services.html

Are you suggesting that eBay would have an error on the help page?

Or that they'd make a significant change to postage costs without notifying sellers?

No, that would never happen!

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

May 12th is when the change is occuring, ebay labels are already showing the change but being accepted at 15kg.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

I messaged Aust Post via Facebook to question why the weight limits were different on eBay Print Postage to Click and Send and this is the reply.

"There are some upcoming changes for the Click and Send boxes too. Previously any Australia Post/eBay flat rate box (regardless of size) could hold up to a maximum of 15kg. The weight limits for eBay flat rate boxes have been revised to introduce a 1kg, 3kg and 5kg weight break for BX1, BX2 and BX4 respectively.

The weight limits have been adjusted to reflect the cost associated with sending items of that size (as the cost of shipping relates not only to the physical size of the item, but also the weight.)

If you're sending items over 5kg, we offer a range of parcel solutions which are priced based on distance and weight. These solutions are also available via the eBay website.

We recognise that these changes may impact you and other eBay sellers so there's a 6 week grace period where we will continue to accept items up to 15kg in these three box sizes. However, from 12 May 2014 the new weight limits will be enforced.

I hope this information helps, I'm sorry for the confusion and the trouble. Please rest assured more information will be available when the change comes in to effect."

Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

My response from RIPOFF AUST POST Today

ALL SHOULD BE WARNED

Australia Post has made some changes to the Australia Post/eBay flat rate box weight limits available to eBay sellers via the eBay website.
Previously any Australia Post/eBay flat rate box (regardless of size) could hold up to a maximum of 15kg. The weight limits for eBay flat rate boxes have been revised to introduce a 1kg, 3kg and 5kg weight break for BX1, BX2 and BX4 respectively.
The weight limits have been adjusted to reflect the cost associated with sending items of that size (as the cost of shipping relates not only to the physical size of the item, but also the weight.)
For sellers with items over 5kg, Australia Post offers a range of parcel solutions which are priced based on distance and weight. These solutions are also available via the eBay website.
Australia Post recognises that these changes may impact eBay sellers and will be providing a 6 week grace period where we will continue to accept items up to 15kg in these three box sizes. However, from 12 May 2014 the new weight limits will be enforced.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

Australia Post has made some changes to the Australia Post/eBay flat rate box weight limits available to eBay sellers via the eBay website.
Previously any Australia Post/eBay flat rate box (regardless of size) could hold up to a maximum of 15kg. The weight limits for eBay flat rate boxes have been revised to introduce a 1kg, 3kg and 5kg weight break for BX1, BX2 and BX4 respectively.
For sellers with items over 5kg, Australia Post offers a range of parcel solutions which are priced based on distance and weight. These solutions are also available via the eBay website.
Australia Post recognises that these changes may impact eBay sellers and will be providing a 6 week grace period where we will continue to accept items up to 15kg in these three box sizes. However, from 12 May 2014 the new weight limits will be enforced.
Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Australia post is false advertising their postage boxes on EBAY as being for 15kg They should imediatly remove these products & warn customers of the price rises due to size restrictions. Their profits are skyrocketing due to online sales yet they are hitting the sellers with higher fees. Like many I am looking at my profits & thinking its not worth selling on EBAY any more. Price hikes are constant we cannot keep up with these . I'm often getting caught out & selling things at a loss due to the ever increasing fees. 

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

@frithysrural wrote:
may impact eBay sellers and will be providing a 6 week grace period where we will continue to accept items up to 15kg in these three box sizes. However, from 12 May 2014 the new weight limits will be enforced.

may impact ? a 15x reduction in accepted weight at the lowest box size is huge, it makes the boxes completly useless for me. So much for negotiated postage reduction.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

@frithysrural wrote:
Previously any Australia Post/eBay flat rate box (regardless of size) could hold up to a maximum of 15kg. The weight limits for eBay flat rate boxes have been revised to introduce a 1kg, 3kg and 5kg weight break for BX1, BX2 and BX4 respectively.The weight limits have been adjusted to reflect the cost associated with sending items of that size (as the cost of shipping relates not only to the physical size of the item, but also the weight.)
Brilliant idea really to have it out to 15kg and then withdraw it so if members want to keep selling they have to pay more and
also give eBay more.

At a much higher increased rate.

So AP will gain a higher amount of money but not from me as that will finish most of my sales as they always weighed more then

those new stated weight,(the extra weight allowance was the only reason I started listing those items).

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

@frithysrural wrote:

Australia post is false advertising their postage boxes on EBAY as being for 15kg They should imediatly remove these products & warn customers of the price rises due to size restrictions. Their profits are skyrocketing due to online sales yet they are hitting the sellers with higher fees. Like many I am looking at my profits & thinking its not worth selling on EBAY any more. Price hikes are constant we cannot keep up with these . I'm often getting caught out & selling things at a loss due to the ever increasing fees. 

As the changes don't take effect until 12 May, it is not false advertising until that time comes.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply