Day of unreasonable requests

Been selling for a while with no issues.

Today started with a buyer demanding refund because the screen protector did not cover his entire screen. (Screen Protectors normally ignore the curved portion of the phones and are smaller sized than the phone display). Explaining thats how its manufactured was to no avail.

Then came along the next request demading express post delivery for a $7 product. Claims its advertised. Explained that its advertised as option and express delivery is not free. Got accused as false advertising

Whoo.. Some days are defnitely hard

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Day of unreasonable requests

@aztonline wrote:

Then came along the next request demading express post delivery for a $7 product. Claims its advertised. Explained that its advertised as option and express delivery is not free. Got accused as false advertising 

Hmm. To be honest, I don't think it helps that you have the Express Post logo in the pictures of your items. Of course, an experienced eBayer would know better than to expect that Express is included automatically free of charge, but I can easily see why a novice buyer might get confused.

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

hi the protector thats 1 thing you are proberly right

but your postage is a very grey area   you have some items listed with the express postage picture on it  and some items with nothing on them       but most say free postage   go to your listings and what would you think [very grey   why would you show express posting on the same picture as free postage he does have a point    mmmmmmmm

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Thought that would be the cost of confusion. Planning to remove it

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Thought it could be seen in checkout that there is an option for express delivery for extra $6. But I get it could be a cause for confusion. Removed the pics

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

aztonline Community Member
10:59 PM
Thought it could be seen in checkout that there is an option for express delivery for extra $6
~~~
Yes there is.
*we may be human, but we are still animals*
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

but your postage is a very grey area.   You have some items listed with the express postage picture on it  and some items with nothing on them.       But most say free postage.   Go to your listings and what would you think [very grey.   Why would you show express posting on the same picture as free postage he does have a point.    mmmmmmmm

Hey joe, can you do us all a favour?  Can you start using full stops at the end of your sentences?  I've taken the liberty of putting full stops in the post I have quoted as a guide for you.  Also, start each sentence with a capital letter

If you full stop key is broken on your computer can you start each new sentence on a new line for us?  It would make it so much easier to read your posts, AND, you can avoid confusion about exactly what you are saying.  It look like this

@joethenuts wrote:

but your postage is a very grey area

you have some items listed with the express postage picture on it  and some items with nothing on them

but most say free postage

go to your listings and what would you think [very grey

why would you show express posting on the same picture as free postage he does have a point    mmmmmmmm

While I'm giving advice . . . . . . joe, did you know that you can "spell-check" your post before posting it?  The spell checker is located in the place shown below.  Just click that spell check button and incorrect spelling will be underlined in red as shown, so that you can correct the spelling as I have.

joe spell checker.JPG

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

i understand that but then nobody would believe its me posting   lol   have a nice day

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

You make that sound like it's a bad thing. Believe me, it's not.
Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

if i spell wrong is that such a bad thing ,  only if you dont understand what i am saying  but i dont think anybody woukd say that . mmmmmm  have a nice day 

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply