Delivery Scams eBay purchases

I got a text msg from this number this morning +61498528031 stating - Express parcel AUPOSTIP11 delivery today to Robyn. Authorize delivery and other shipping options here: http://4is.me/2xpHb  (NEVER TOUCH THE LINK) am not sure how they got the info          (My Name and Number) about parcel coming from eBay (Only Parcel I have coming), think there may be a problem with eBay security or something not happy at all, I knew it was a scam but just wanted to let people know, stay safe and never click on any links they send,  if you get any of these types of text msg you can go to a site numberlookup.com.au type in the number and it will tell you how dangerous it is, check out what others have said about it and you can let others know what happened, I found that a guy in WA had the same thing happen to him after purchasing from eBay, so we all need to be aware and knowledgeable as to what is happening and I think it is great to help others from being scammed. 🙂

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Delivery Scams eBay purchases

Number came up as Busy Bees - haven't ordered from them?

Childrens learning products - not on eBay

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

For heavens sake....you say you have a parcel on the way from an ebay seller.

All you are getting is a notification that it is on the way.   It will probably tell you when to expect it if you look.  I get these notifications all the time and there is never a problem.

The seller must have your address otherwise how could they send it to you.....no hacking done at all.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Pretty sure it is from the company I mentioned - poster sells the same type of stuff.

I thought it was M***lle for a minute LOL

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

As a seller, I can look at the order details and see a buyers phone number and can add it to the package.

Most likely the PO inputted the number at the counter, or, if the seller has an AusPost business account, it's possible they can add the number when creating the label.

Actually, when I send parcels overseas, the PO often asks me if I want to add the buyers phone number.

When you get the parcel, just look and see.

Having said that, I generally don't click any links sent to me as an SMS, as I know that there are scams out there.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Why do you think it is a scam?

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

This is definitely a scam text - Aus Post texts don't show the originating number, they just show Aus Post, and delivery alerts don't have who the parcel is being delivered to, they have who it is coming from. 

There's no way to know how the details made their way into the hands of the scammers, though - having recently purchased from eBay doesn't mean that's how they got them.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Wow has anyone gone to the numberlookup site and put the number in the search and seen that it is an unsafe number and people are getting these txt msg for all types of things, the code above takes you to some amazon site for stuff I never purchased, and the message has nothing to do with my delivery from eBay or Australia Post as I do have a AP account and follow all my sent and ordered parcels and I can tell you this is a scam, but feel free to find out the hard way, I was just trying to give people a heads up so they don't get caught out.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

It has taken me to three different places now - Busy Bees, then sommething called Buy Rite and now Energy Worx

Sorry for my first reply about the Busy Bees site, it looked legit

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks! Thought it seemed dodgy. I received a similar sms from this same mobile number and googling it brought me to this forum. Staying well away from clicking the link that was sent and blocking! Yes I have made ebay purchases recently too.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply