Delivery Scams eBay purchases

I got a text msg from this number this morning +61498528031 stating - Express parcel AUPOSTIP11 delivery today to Robyn. Authorize delivery and other shipping options here: http://4is.me/2xpHb  (NEVER TOUCH THE LINK) am not sure how they got the info          (My Name and Number) about parcel coming from eBay (Only Parcel I have coming), think there may be a problem with eBay security or something not happy at all, I knew it was a scam but just wanted to let people know, stay safe and never click on any links they send,  if you get any of these types of text msg you can go to a site numberlookup.com.au type in the number and it will tell you how dangerous it is, check out what others have said about it and you can let others know what happened, I found that a guy in WA had the same thing happen to him after purchasing from eBay, so we all need to be aware and knowledgeable as to what is happening and I think it is great to help others from being scammed. 🙂

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Delivery Scams eBay purchases

You're wrong. If you aren't sure about what is really going on please check this link. It's full of people's responses to this particular scam msg

https://www.numberlookup.com.au/number/61498522572

Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

For me, its something I bought, and my history says, item had been shipped a few days ago, then delivered, I opted for delivery to a click and collect.

Click and collect place says no, item has not arrived.

Ebay history says a generic location, not my opted click and collect, and the gall "left in hamstead gardens in a safe place"...

Item is small worth, not worth doing an item not received, but leave a neutral.

From the senders pov, it would have shown, that I got the item, but nearly 2.5 weeks, Au sender to me Au buyer, still nothing... so call it as lost/stolen.

Ebay is making money, somehow from lost items, or maybe who knows how they get our details.

Just today, I got the "your item has been sent, here is the tracking..." and I didn't click it on my phone either.

Ebay sms messages should, I think they had the Ebab/ebay name, but my phone showed sms sender as 04xx xxx xxx.

Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply