Dispute / request do I just refund money for lost items?

Hi, I just listed a few PS4 games this month. A power seller (28,000+) bought a (like new) ps4 game from me for $44, something he sells for new which I found very strange for him to buy this second hand item when he sells new ones.

I thought maybe he didn’t want the competition in that listing or something. Anyways I ship it to him and 10 days later he starts a dispute claiming it’s not delivered.

I told him to wait another day or two it should arrive as I’ve sent out 300+ items over the years, never once had a lost item.

But I get the vibe he just got the item and knows without tracking it’s a free $44 to him if he claims a dispute.

I know the rules and EBAY sides with the buyer and I have no tracking so I’m screwed. I guess in the future I’ll add tracking on items over $40.

Never had a dispute before, so in 4 days he can get EBAY to refund his money and that very negatively affects my account? Should I just refund him the money and write it off to experience?

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Dispute / request do I just refund money for lost items?

@gamer_empire wrote:

Never had a dispute before, so in 4 days he can get EBAY to refund his money and that very negatively affects my account? Should I just refund him the money and write it off to experience?

Since you don't have tracking you'll always lose a dispute against INR, best to just refund the buyer and ask if the item turns up then he refunds you.

An honest buyer will do that, but maybe best to put him on your BBL anyway.

To add. If you refund voluntarily it will not affect your account.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Geez, checking their fb, I'm not so sure the buyer is honest, Padi.

I have no idea why they would purchase that game.

Certainly not to get it off the market.   There's too many of them.

Looking for a freebie sounds the go.

Sure hope he repays when it turns up.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Geez, checking their fb, I'm not so sure the buyer is honest, Padi.

If it's the one I think it is Stawks with 99.2 % then I'd say you could be right.

Good sleuthin' young lady....................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Ok thanks guys I’ll just refund the money now then. Yeah don’t want a dispute and I knew the risks. Calculated risk of doing business. Thanks for the help.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

They sold 1 on the 16th May for $66.....I wonder what their standard shipping is?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

You guys are very good, didn’t know you could search through my sold listings and all that stuff. Didn’t mean to name him. Anyways I have sent the refund. Up to him if he wants to refund or not once it arrives. Thanks for the help. I’ll add tracking in the future to bigger items and one’s that goto eBay sellers especially.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Not quite on topic, garner,   I don't even know what a game thingy is, but presumably you have been sending as a letter as you say you have no tracking.

So would it be worth your while to invest in the Aust Post new prepaid envelopes with tracking?    If you buy 50 it works out at $4.35 for a cardboard envelope with automatic tracking.     It would stop this nonsense that buyers get up to, claiming non-receipt.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Domestic-letter-with-tracking-Large-Prepaid-Envelope-Pack-of-50/17355290...

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you curraone, I didn’t know about that option it would be perfect for some of the higher priced items. Appreciate your help. Thank you all
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Selected feedback comments left for the OP's buyer:

• "The item is all used but advertised as new, seller isn't trustworthy"
  • "Game arrived damaged.. did not appear to be a new game, seller uncooperative"
  • "I bought a New but I receive a opened game. I had no solution."
  • "Picture was false if i saw the true pic i would not of bought it!"
  • "Item NOT new as listed. Had to go to Paypal to get partial refund."
  • "Game was advertised as brand new but showed signs of wear and tape over seal."
  • "The dlc codes were already redeemed seller hasnt resolved" (Item advertised as NEW)
  • "The collectible map/poster inside was damaged but other than that it was fine." (Item advertised as NEW)
  • "never received,harrassing messages from seller due to "not received" dispute"
  • "fast delivery,price was good,but can't recommend seller many issues on ethics"
  • "can not recommend,bad ethics and requests more money??angry seller I think"
  • "Took too long and not as described" (Item advertised as NEW)

OP's buyer would appear to be buying used games and reselling as new - there's definitely an ethics issue here as others have speculated - OP, I'm sorry but you've encountered a bad apple here.

I feel sorry for people who have to deal with this crook - they're definitely not getting the best deals in Australia.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply