Does anyone know what this is?

pnc75
Community Member

It's about 18 cm long, both ends screw off and has three round plastic circles on it.

TIA

Message 1 of 140
Latest reply
139 REPLIES 139

pnc75
Community Member

Hi All,

Many thanks for the ongoing duscussion. Have been away for a few days for a very sad family occasion. There have been so many valid suggestions and I like the toilet roll holder, but what would the 2 plastic rings be for? 

BTW, it doesn't match the toilet roll holders in the house, and they're still the originals, so there's no reason for it to be here if indeed it is a toilet roll holder.

Love the funnies  stawka, Dave and padi - brought some much needed laughter.

Message 131 of 140
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

Hi All,

Many thanks for the ongoing duscussion. Have been away for a few days for a very sad family occasion. There have been so many valid suggestions and I like the toilet roll holder, but what would the 2 plastic rings be for? 

BTW, it doesn't match the toilet roll holders in the house, and they're still the originals, so there's no reason for it to be here if indeed it is a toilet roll holder.

Love the funnies  stawka, Dave and padi - brought some much needed laughter.

The 3 rings could be spacers so that the roll runs easier and they may have been added and weren't part of the original setup.
Or one may have been a washer for the outside,one for the inside of the holder and the other one on the other end with the roll in between so that they stop it running against the holder and stop it running of the other end.

Maybe at some stage it was going to be changed but then wasn't so was just put in the cupboard.

@pnc75

Message 132 of 140
Latest reply

Maybe like thisroll holder.jpg

Message 133 of 140
Latest reply

Thanks sb, but you can't fix the rings into position. Please don't think I'm being argumentative, just trying to clarify. Cheer.

Message 134 of 140
Latest reply

@pnc75 wrote:

Thanks sb, but you can't fix the rings into position. Please don't think I'm being argumentative, just trying to clarify. Cheer.

They don't have to be fixed as long as they can't slide of,(which is what the end bits are for as they are bigger).
The roll could then roll between two of the sliders.
Or as I stated,(the plastic rings aren't part of the original setup and were only added afterwards as an experiment).
IMHO the single post toilet roll holder is the most likely,(it could off course be used to hang other things on as long as they are not to heavy).

Toilet roll holder.PNG

T roll holer.png

T holder.PNG

Message 135 of 140
Latest reply

I'm inclined to agree, but darned if I know how on earth it got here!

Message 136 of 140
Latest reply

Well if you look at the pub beer tap handles they look more like OPs thingy than a toilet roll lol

Message 137 of 140
Latest reply

Doesn't matter what the hell it is.

How did it end up in your linen cupboard?

Related image

Message 138 of 140
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

Well if you look at the pub beer tap handles they look more like OPs thingy than a toilet roll lol

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/micro-matic-4301-ch-2-5-8-chrome-plated-brass-beer-tap-handle/37943...

Message 139 of 140
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Doesn't matter what the hell it is.

How did it end up in your linen cupboard?

I'll just put it there for now some male said years ago and it's been there ever since,(whilst the other part was put

back in the packaging or tool box),blush-1.gif

Message 140 of 140
Latest reply