Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater good

These changes will not be in the sellers interest.

They will solely be in EBAYs interest only.

Expect higher fees

Message 1 of 71
Latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater goo

Are you for real? First of all eBay and gumtree give you the option of listing on both at the end of the posting on gumtree. And that's without it being common practise

Second of all I sell so little on here ( the odd phone that is out of contract or devices when I upgrade) I could not give a rat's behind about feedback...im not a slave to eBay.

Hope that answers your question ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 31 of 71
Latest reply

Re: Does anyone out there seriously believe EBAY are changing the payment system for the greater goo

@goonerash wrote:
Are you for real? First of all eBay and gumtree give you the option of listing on both at the end of the posting on gumtree. And that's without it being common practise

Second of all I sell so little on here ( the odd phone that is out of contract or devices when I upgrade) I could not give a rat's behind about feedback...im not a slave to eBay.

Hope that answers your question ๐Ÿ™‚

It doesn't answe the question of the member you replied to.

Message 32 of 71
Latest reply

@goonerash wrote:
Well I just had my first sale using this new manage system and I'm about to cancel my first sale ever

First of all it was listed via Gumtree and they took an fvf check the terms and conditions of my listing

Then they finally refunded the fees and refunded the wrong amount

Then they couldn't tell me how long the payment will take to reach me but they expected me to post the item right away

I have someone coming to pick the item up off Gumtree this afternoon and as soon as I give me the cash I will cancel this sale..

With PayPal I got the money in seconds and could transfer it to my debit card in seconds

it's the buyer I feel sorry for because they have lost out on a good price bargain. I just won't sell anything on here anymore

Difficult to make sense of this word salad.

However your silly "terms and conditions" are meaningless.

What lie will you choose to cancel the transaction?

Message 33 of 71
Latest reply

Definitely agree with your points - i do feel more secure and comfortable using paypal - whch is an instant payment.

I have sold items last week and and have still not seen my money!!

Message 34 of 71
Latest reply

This will be a recurring problem, I fear for many.
I'm going to extend my 'handling time' to cover the waiting period expected for postage on sold items. Hopefully, this will allow time to see the p'ments arrive .. for me, no p'ments shown, no postage.
I'll cover this in my listings so Buyers know there will be delays on posting their orders. Like it, or lump it.
Message 35 of 71
Latest reply

Low IQ people often find easy things hard to follow..its ok. And I won't lie. I will let the buyer know the truth. Which is im not waiting days for my payment and eBay have not got a clue..like i said..im not a slave to ebay.

It was just pure chance someone messaged me on gumtree this Arvo. I usually pull the ads down right away but I want my money asap not at the whim of some online entity
Message 36 of 71
Latest reply

Agreed nodramuzz..5 or 6 day handling times will become the norm and cancelled sales a plenty.
Message 37 of 71
Latest reply

@goonerash wrote:
. I will let the buyer know the truth. Which is im not waiting days for my payment and eBay have not got a clue..

You will have a hard time finding that in the list of reasons for a cancellation...even "Low IQ people" understand this.

So... which lie will you choose?

Message 38 of 71
Latest reply

@goonerash wrote:
Agreed nodramuzz..5 or 6 day handling times will become the norm and cancelled sales a plenty.

Only for numpty sellers.

Message 39 of 71
Latest reply

@goonerash wrote:
Low IQ people often find easy things hard to follow..its ok. And I won't lie. I will let the buyer know the truth. Which is im not waiting days for my payment and eBay have not got a clue..like i said..im not a slave to ebay.

It was just pure chance someone messaged me on gumtree this Arvo. I usually pull the ads down right away but I want my money asap not at the whim of some online entity

It's funny how you say ebay allow you to list on Gumtree and Ebay.

So why are you now having this issue with ebay if ebay allow this?

If I decide to cancel a listing it doesn't show anywhere that I can do so because I sold it on Gumtree.

Low IQ people often find easy things hard to follow is what you stated, well how's that going for you? why isn't it easy for you, why is there an issue,why did you post and complain about ebay?

Message 40 of 71
Latest reply