Ebay blocks my account and refuses to respond

comcol
Community Member

It has been nearly 4 weeks since Ebay removed all my auctions and gave literally no reason.

After numerous calls and emails I was informed that my account selling was blocked due to my account being hacked by someone 13 years ago!!!!.(which I don't ever recall happening). I kid you not. This is their reasoning.

Why should that mean I can't sell? No idea. They won't give a response other than to say they have sent a request through to another 'department' to do something.

Meanwhile, they still charge me fees...lol

Message 1 of 50
Latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

Re: Ebay blocks my account and refuses to respond

All I can suggest is have eBay call you back on the "have us call you " option at the bottom of the link given below, and ask to speak to a supervisor.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 50
Latest reply

And in the meantime cancel your store sub, you can easily reinstate it when ready.

image host
Message 3 of 50
Latest reply

Message 4 of 50
Latest reply

I remember you had an issue a few months ago "Ebay refunds buyer full amount of auction despite item not being returned".

Do you think ebay may have ended your listings due to this issue you had with a buyer.

Message 5 of 50
Latest reply

I am guessing, threatening ebay with legal action might not have been such a good idea.  Hope the refund was worth it.

Message 6 of 50
Latest reply

Ebay refunded the payment after the buyer was caught out lying

Message 7 of 50
Latest reply

Yeah the refund was worth it champ.

Message 8 of 50
Latest reply

You have previously posted, that ebay refunded the money and the buyer kept his refund, after you threatened ebay with legal action.

That was your post.

I once lost nearly a $1000.00 to an ebay scammer, and was not at all happy with the way ebay dealt with it,  guess what, I am still selling and ebay have paid for there mistake some  50 times over, and I will continue to use ebay for my own benefit, while paying them as little as possible.

So yeah, I hope your refund was worth it. Champ!

Message 9 of 50
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

You have previously posted, that ebay refunded the money and the buyer kept his refund, after you threatened ebay with legal action.

That was your post.

I once lost nearly a $1000.00 to an ebay scammer, and was not at all happy with the way ebay dealt with it,  guess what, I am still selling and ebay have paid for there mistake some  50 times over, and I will continue to use ebay for my own benefit, while paying them as little as possible.

So yeah, I hope your refund was worth it. Champ!

Just curious if you can clarify what the implication of your post is, because it kinda looks like you're suggesting if eBy facilitates a thoroughly obvious scammer - to the extent that the buyer admitted to it through eBay messages and yet they still do so - the seller should just take it on the chin so eBay won't turn around and find a spurious reason to punish the seller for daring to call eBay out on their definitely unethical (if not illegal) practices, and holding them accountable for said practices?

Message 10 of 50
Latest reply