Ebay complicit in theft/scam.

So.. buyer purchases an item from Mexico (small item, posted in envelope - no tracking).

Buyer opens a non-receipt dispute. Does not answer any queries regarding address etc..

After a few days I decide to refund and move on.  Cannot do so, Ebay tells me something went wrong.

Check paypal payment details only to see payment has already been cancelled..

Buyer asks Ebay to step in.

Ebay refunds the buyer and sends me the invoice for the full amount.

I advise Ebay that the paypal payment has already been cancelled and the buyer has been refunded twice.

Official response" After reviewing this case, we decided to keep the original outcome. We weren't able to grant your appeal because we determined the original decision was correct."

Nice one Ebay.. assisting scammers now...   Anyone had this happen ?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Ebay complicit in theft/scam.

You need to get on the phone to ebay and keep asking for a superviser until you get somebody who understands what is going on.

If no joy there call Paypal, their suoervisers are uaually very good.

If that doesn't work either contact the FSO, you can do it on line.

In future if a buyer opens a case only refund through the dispute.

I think you are being a bit over the top accusing the buyer of fraud. Post to Mexico is a problem so I would not post there unless I could use fully tracked post. Chances are it has been pinched before it gor anywhere near the buyer. Have you asked the buyer to return one of the payments? If I received 2 refunds I doubt if I would notice among all the other transactions which go through my Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The fact that they do not reply to any messages leads me to suggest this is s scammer, I could be wrong, but a genuine buyer would usually reply 🙂

I did attempt to refund via the dispute, that is when Ebay advised me that something has gone wrong with the refund.

I'll be on the phone on Monday for sure.. thanks 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

We refuse to send to Mexico and Brazil due to items getting lost/stolen at the receiving end.  Also, we will not send to Canada as their mail/customs clearance process is notoriously slow and items can take up to 2 months to get delivered.  By then of course most customers have opened INR cases and if you haven't used tracking then goodbye money!

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

You can add Israel and Russia to that list as well.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

He's a copy of ones travel Tracked to Mexico Air Mail. Expected arrival 12-15 days Fat Chance. Posted in September still to arrive.Of course the sellers fault. NOT

Item Cleared by customs

Nov-08-17, 14:32 PM

Item received into Customs for clearance

Nov-08-17, 14:27 PM

Arrived at facility in destination country

Nov-08-17, 14:26 PM

Processed through facility

Sep-29-17, 12:21 PM

Accepted by Australia Post

Sep-25-17, 10:18 AM

Customer Enquiry lodged

Oct-27-17, 17:17 PM

Accepted by Australia Post

Sep-25-17, 10:18 AM

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

For me personally UK is the worst place to post. Their customs charges taxes and duties from evey interanational delivery, buyers do not want to pay them(sometimes it is as much as total) and they do not want to pick up their items from customs. As a result their parcels are coming back from UK to me and I have to pay a return postage post.

The good thing though these buyers are not asking for a refund so If somebody from UK purchases my items without checking with their customs for fees and duties I still post it  to them. However if someboady from UK sends me a message and asks for a quote I would simply refuse to do it and explain why.

It seems nobody cares about my disclamer shown for evey item with inhternational postage that International customs taxes and duties are a buyer responsobility. 

Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply