Ebay fees are supposed to be around 10%?????

Well take a look at my fees on my latest invoice!!!!

Monthly Sales= $1,077.17

Fees= $242.49

So the fee percentage is 22.51%

This is more than double the percentage I thought I was being charged,how can ebay justify this?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Ebay fees are supposed to be around 10%?????

I have found that because of Ebay fees and charges that I do NOT use the Ebay/Auspost postage printing labels. It is cheaper to simply pack the item yourself and go to your local Post Office and pay the shipping price that they ask. As far as what the postage costs are, due to Ebay now charging a FVF that includes postage, I add 11% to the postage to cover the extra charges.I.E If postage is $7.20 I add 80 cents to postage charge to cover the Ebay cost. If I over estimate the cost of shipping, by $1.50  (including Ebay charges) or more I refund the diference to my buyers. BTW this name is NOT my sellers name.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

NO. Too expensive

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

You have to add in the Ebay FVF which now includes the postage cost. If you are paid for your item by Paypal add the cost to your final selling cost.They also charge a fee for using this service. Basically, if you wish to get a final result of $100, in your pocket, with postage cost, you need to add 11% to your postage cost and add 2.5% as additional to cover the Paypal cost, this will be more if you are selling international. Perhaps should not say this, if you wish to advertise internationally, I would suggest that you open an account at www.ebay.com (American Ebay site) and not just www.ebay .com.au.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

the eBay policy is for fees to be a % of your sales plus postage, so if you sell a huge heavy item for a small and it cost a huge amount to post it, your ebay fees will be the 6-9% (depending on the type of item) of the combined amount. In some situations this could be more than the price received for the item..  I think it is really unfair, the postage that customers pay isn't profit or even compensatory for an item, it is the cost of sending the item.  Handling fees may deserve a % to be paid in fees, but they really need to make the distinction between the two!!

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply