Ebay listings going AWOL

I am just in the process of doing a major tidy up of my ebay business ( getting ready for the new year and all that ) and I have noticed some fairly valuable, quality items that have been sitting for years unsold. When I search the listing to see what the problem is, the items are no longer listed. It seems the listings have gone missing in action at some point over the years.

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing ? It almost looks like I may have to do a complete stock take, checking each item on the shelves against its listing.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay listings going AWOL

Can't help, sorry.

I use 30 day listings with 3 auto-relists, so any issues are flagged in less than 120 days.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

I heard that eBay were going to start deleting long time listings that haven't sold so that might be what has happened to your listings?

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Yep.  This started happening to me early last year.  They're supposed to roll over, but

instead disappear into the ether.

Now every couple of months, I  check to see which ones made it and which ones didn't.

I just put it down to a glitch that I had to live with.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

I read the same thing, any listings that haven't sold within 12 months will be deleted,  can't find where I read it though - maybe ecommerce ? aah, could it be to do with Good til Cancelled listings - I  was reading up on them as like chameleon, I'm doing a spring clean and was considering changing some (if not all) listings to GTC

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

It was in the Spring Seller Release:

Inactive listings policy:

To maintain the health of the marketplace, weโ€™ve introduced a new inactive listings policy. You may be required to limit the amount of your listings, remove inactive listings that havenโ€™t had, or are unlikely to have, any sales in 12 months, or be required to pay maintenance fees for listings which arenโ€™t removed.

Weโ€™ll reach out to you if you are impacted by this policy
Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

But that would only be for GTC listings, surely?

How can they know if something hasn't sold when it's relisted with a new item number?

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sr17-2/Policy-Updates

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

I should have stated that I saw and not heard that this was going to happen lol thanks twyngwyn

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

They know stawka they know lol

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Who knows what the bots can pick up?......but in saying that, listings shouldn't just disappear without them letting us know ๐Ÿ˜ž  

There was another post a while ago about differences with numbers of listings showing up....ie.....Active Selling compared to Current Listings.....will try & find it.

I know mine are showing as: Active listings - 1780....... Current Listings - 1862

....so 82 gone AWOL....and has been the same for more than 6 months????

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply