Ebay listings going AWOL

I am just in the process of doing a major tidy up of my ebay business ( getting ready for the new year and all that ) and I have noticed some fairly valuable, quality items that have been sitting for years unsold. When I search the listing to see what the problem is, the items are no longer listed. It seems the listings have gone missing in action at some point over the years.

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing ? It almost looks like I may have to do a complete stock take, checking each item on the shelves against its listing.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Ebay listings going AWOL

@chameleon54 wrote:

I am just in the process of doing a major tidy up of my ebay business ( getting ready for the new year and all that ) and I have noticed some fairly valuable, quality items that have been sitting for years unsold. When I search the listing to see what the problem is, the items are no longer listed. It seems the listings have gone missing in action at some point over the years.

Has anyone else experienced a similar thing ? It almost looks like I may have to do a complete stock take, checking each item on the shelves against its listing.

It's an ebay's undocumented feature.

It happened to me, Quite a few of my listings made the magical trick into thin air with no messages alerting me of the fact. After calling ebay several times and being promised that they would escalate it to their technical team, they finally figured out what happened to my listings.

The story and investigation result:

20 or so of my listings on Good Til Cancelled  did not roll over after 2 months. In these listings I put Does Not Apply in the official mandatory UPC field (above the photos when creating/editing listings). But I had my own UPC field with UPC code in the Item Specifics section (under the photos in the Item Specifics section when creating/editing listings). Apparently ebay got confused with this and bugs crept in. You can find those listings in your Seller Hub - Listings - Unsold.

Don't ask me why I had those listings set up like that, I must have been confused myself. But that's not the point, the point is ebay must NEVER end any of my listings without my approval or notifying me. So I asked ebay for compensation (Yes, yes, yes, I love asking ebay for compensation) and got a whopping $10!!

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

@twyngwyn wrote:
It was in the Spring Seller Release:

Inactive listings policy:

To maintain the health of the marketplace, we’ve introduced a new inactive listings policy. You may be required to limit the amount of your listings, remove inactive listings that haven’t had, or are unlikely to have, any sales in 12 months, or be required to pay maintenance fees for listings which aren’t removed.

We’ll reach out to you if you are impacted by this policy

Thanks everyone for your comments. Sounds like I,m not an orphan.

Regards the spring seller release,  I studied this policy fairly carefully when it came out and it said somewhere that it only applied to non performing listings. These can be found somewhere in the seller hub. At the time I checked I only had seven listings classed as non performing and rated at 1 - 3 % chance of selling. I have to admit, ebay probably got that list pretty right as the items where duds. Having said that, one of the seven non performers sold last week....Smiley Very Happy

I suspect the items I have found today that are no longer listed have been missing in action for a fair while. They are good quality items that normally sell reasonably well. I think i might go through my shelves and just check on the quality items that have been sitting for several years. It is too big a job to go through 1800 listings and check each one.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Where do I see these inactive listings? I see no such list in my Seller Hub...

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Unsold - then Not Relisted to narrow it down.

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks, dave.

This list is a bit of a stew. Wonderful to see only listings that I have ended myself there. I really hope ebay now notifies us when they delist something.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

@melbourneclearance wrote:

Where do I see these inactive listings? I see no such list in my Seller Hub...

The problem is these listings have not shown up in unsold listings. They have just vanished without trace at some point.

As for underperforming ( inactive ) listings which are in danger of being removed under the spring seller release inactive listing policy, go to seller hub and click on "  growth" RH side of top toolbar. The under performing listings will be on the LH side of the pop up. I only have two out of 1300 on my main account. These are different to the seven that showed last month. Maybe the others have gone to heaven, although one sold last week, so that one must have still been there.

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

I also have 10 in that list, with one being a new listing created 3 months ago and sold 2 since. If that one qualifies as inactive and to be automatically removed, I'd have problems.

Either way, ebay is not supposed to remove listings wothout notification. We are not paying the monthly Store fees for fun here. I sense more compensations coming if I can prove they've been removing my listings without notification again.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply