Ebay shipping Final Value fees are a rip off

I just sold some shoes for 99cents.

I had postage as $14 because this is what it will cost to send them as they are heavy.

Ebay have charged me $1.39 for shipping fees, ..10 cent final value fee on the sale of the shoes & then off couse add in paypal fees of .66cents.

This leaves me out of pocket $1.16, yes its only a small amount, but how can ebay be allwoed to do this.

They say its to keep post costs down, but it costs what it costs. Aust Post pacel cost have at leat doubled our 5 years.

I accept that my item only sold for .99 cents. It the fact that they take so many fees out, that leave me out of pocket.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

J

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Ebay shipping Final Value fees are a rip off

Alot of trouble to make about .85c

Message 31 of 37
Latest reply

seadweller007
Community Member

Totally agree with the original post. Sellers are being ripped off. No wonder sellers are leaving ebay in droves.

Ebay - without sellers, you're nothing.

Message 32 of 37
Latest reply

@seadweller007 wrote:

Totally agree with the original post. Sellers are being ripped off. No wonder sellers are leaving ebay in droves.

If it's a rip off, why are you listing in Ebay,  thought you said sellers were leaving,  but you are selling.   No logic there

Message 33 of 37
Latest reply

@seadweller007 wrote:

The Original Post was posted in 2014.

If sellers are leaving in droves there must be plenty of new sellers who are happy to take their place.

There does not seem to be any shortage of sellers from what I can see.

Message 34 of 37
Latest reply

@seadweller007 wrote:

Please show us evidence and proof that sellers are leaving in droves. I am genuinely interested in the actual numbers.

Message 35 of 37
Latest reply

A pointless post 7 years after the event.

Message 36 of 37
Latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 37 of 37
Latest reply