FREE CLICK AND COLLECT AT WOOLWORTHS PROBLEM

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good day, wanted to know about the Click and Collect at Woolworths, has that option now become FREE, so if you have added a flat rate postage cost and have also ticked the click and collect at woolworths option, if customer chooses that option it is free, because some of my items have been switched to free click and collect without me having chosen it, and these items were not postage free to begin with, have not called ebay as yet, thank you in advance

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: FREE CLICK AND COLLECT AT WOOLWORTHS PROBLEM

@janeababe wrote:

as a Buyer, I've just used it for the very first time.

I did note at checkout (before I decided to use click and collect Big W) that P&P was going to be $20. but when I chose the Click and Collect box, it dropped to $15.

I got the message to pick it up tpday, but I didnt get there, so I hope I dont have the troubles someone up there ^^^^  had in collecting it.
I havent seen any C& C signage in our Big W either....

Nor have I. I've not seen it at Woollies either. Can we collect from Woollies, or only Big W? The only thing I've seen around are those parcel locker things at Officeworks. Given it's school hols again apparently, I'd be going down about 7.30 on Thurs night, or 3pm Sunday. All the crumb crunchers should be home in front of their screens by then. No waiting at the painfully slow layby counter.

Let me know how it goes. I've been very reluctant to use it due to the stories I've read on here, but I hate getting things delivered to my home because stuff keeps getting nicked. I'd used Parcel Collect a few times, where the parcels are delivered to the PO, but it's such a painful exercise to get them out. I stopped counting after 52 taps on their scanner doovy. My My Post card was scanned 4 times. The parcel was scanned 3 times. I promised I'd never put them through that agony again until it had been streamlined a bit better. 

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Tippy, if the seller offers C & C and you choose that option you will be given a list of the nearest Woolworths or BigW outlets where you can collect your item.

Some country buyers have been given outlets hundreds of kilometres from where they live as not all Woolworths or BigWs participate in the scheme.

My closest collection point is a BigW even though it has shorter hours than the Woolworths across the aisle in the shopping centre.

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

I know I can collect at Big W, but wasn't sure about Woollies. They're pretty much across the road from each other, so it's no biggy, I just wasn't sure if both did it here.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

I don't think both stores in an area will do the C & C....it is one or the other....there seem to be more BigW stores involved than Woolworths, at least around this area.

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

This is actually causing some confusion for buyers as well, because they see the info for Click & Collect, and think that means no postage to pay, when even if C&C is 'free', postage to get the package to a store often is not - it's an understandable assumption, because buy online - collect in a store is generally something that eliminates postage costs.

Even if they understand that an item is not physically at a store when they buy (they don't always realise that, because when they check the stores where collection is available, it says 'in stock' next to each one), due to how other retailer's collect instore systems work, where they have an internal infrastructure that moves goods between locations at no cost to the buyer, they can still question why postage has to be paid to get the item from where it is, to the store they want to collect it from. 

Bad marketing from eBay on pretty much all counts in so far as C&C is concerned, IMHO. 

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Digi, when C & C first started it was by invitation only and one of the criteria was that the seller was already listing with Free postage.

It was advertised as Free Click and Collect from Woolworths/Big W.

If they had not fiddled along the way it would still be offered only by sellers offering Free postage and there would be less confusion.

I well remember the fun the responders on the boards had trying to convince members that they were not buying from Woolworths/BigW.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

There were no signs instore @ Epping Vic Big W - you have to go to the tech area; Where the techies have no clue or care! Luckily my daughter's parcel was not a breakable!

I don't think the seller has any idea that their Freepost only allows for C&C. It would have been much more conveniient for the Freepost item to have just been delivered to our home! She (my daughter) tried to change it to home postage; But the option just wasn't available! Item had the usual ebay post BX1 on it - so no saving to the seller!

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Redders, how long ago was your daughter's purchase?

Would it still be viewable on ebay?

I would like to see what the listing says as I have only ever seen listings with a choice of the usual postage to your home or Woolworths/BigW.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal; "Flavacol butter popcorn salt 992g Cinema quality popcorn salt" - sold by Just****1212 was the product my daughter purchased a week or so ago. Item was freepost C&C with no home delivery option. I hope my answer has been helpful so you can take a look @ Their product listing! BTW The product is excellent! Also cheapest on ebay gram for gram.

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Redders, if you click on the postage tab, and then scroll, it has an option of "Post to me'

Free postage

Not just C & C

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply