FREE CLICK AND COLLECT AT WOOLWORTHS PROBLEM

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good day, wanted to know about the Click and Collect at Woolworths, has that option now become FREE, so if you have added a flat rate postage cost and have also ticked the click and collect at woolworths option, if customer chooses that option it is free, because some of my items have been switched to free click and collect without me having chosen it, and these items were not postage free to begin with, have not called ebay as yet, thank you in advance

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

When the option was first introduced it was always Free Click and Collect.  It was only offered to selected sellers and one of the criteria was that the seller already offered Free postage.

Since it has become more widespread I have noticed that it is now offered by sellers who do not have Free postage.  Maybe you need to check when you offer it that you are using the option for charging postage.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

imastawka
Honored Contributor

They've been set as free click and collect because you've got free postage

on those particular items.

The items that are not free postage are still charged postage for Woolies click and collect.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

When the option was first introduced it was always Free Click and Collect.  It was only offered to selected sellers and one of the criteria was that the seller already offered Free postage.

Since it has become more widespread I have noticed that it is now offered by sellers who do not have Free postage.  Maybe you need to check when you offer it that you are using the option for charging postage.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I double checked the listings and they were not free postage to begin with, as I thought too that I must have over looked something

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Ok thank you
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

My daughter recently bought something with Freepost C&C only option.

It would actually have been cheaper for the seller & more convenient for the buyer if it was just delivered to our home! (Saving us a trip to the local Big W - who don't have any signs instore for C&C!) What a shamozzle the pickup was! - redirected from the Lay-By counter (after having to wait as there was a toy sale on!) only to be finally redirected to the Tech counter area. Then another wait whist they located the parcel! 

First experience of C&C as a buyer - No Thank You!

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I used the Woolworths/BigW C & C when it first started and ebay was offering very generous discount voucher codes for using it.

It was most inconvenient and very annoying.....I received the message that it was ready for pickup on Monday and had one week to do so.  I could only get there at the weekend and every day I received a reminder from ebay that I had just a week to pick up before it was returned to the seller.  From day 3 it was 2 reminders a day and on day 6 I actually received 3 reminders even though it had been collected in the morning after ther 1st reminder had been received.

I would never ever use it again unless ebay was using a very, very big carrot as incentive.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

i initially used the click & collect option as a seller when it first came out - but after a short amount of time, i'd had a couple of problems with it and decided to discontinue using it. 

i find that the amount of sales i got from it (only 3 or 4) which probably would have still been sales, the person would have just chosen their own address - wasn't worth the additional hassle.

it's hard enough dealing with australia post not giving a **bleep** about the handling of your packages; let alone to pass it on to another set of hands who have no vested interest in handling them carefully. 

the two transactions i had problems with were using different names to the paypal account holder, but nevertheless, the click and collect location was the address used for PayPal checkout. once the item had been delivered and collected, soonafter i received chargebacks. it seems the system is open slather for those buyers who use any means to get something for free or exploit sellers.

when i contacted the buyers; they simply said they hadn't made the transaction. with no card left at their address; they could have easily had a friend collect the parcel and claimed it wasn't them completing the transaction.

sorry that was long-winded - but it's the reason i no longer use the click & collect service. the problems outweigh the benefits. 

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

as a Buyer, I've just used it for the very first time.

I did note at checkout (before I decided to use click and collect Big W) that P&P was going to be $20. but when I chose the Click and Collect box, it dropped to $15.

I got the message to pick it up tpday, but I didnt get there, so I hope I dont have the troubles someone up there ^^^^  had in collecting it.
I havent seen any C& C signage in our Big W either....

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

Jane, it can usually be collected at the Layby counter.

Be prepared to keep getting reminders from ebay until you do collect it.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply