Fake PayPal phishing emails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You sent a payment of $79.3 AUD to eBay International AG (AU-AdCommerce-EOM@ebay.com)

Is it my imagination or do these con artist emails seem to arrive close to receiving genuine PayPal emails ?

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Fake PayPal phishing emails.

yarmak
Community Member

I got one of these yesterday.Unfortunately for the scammer their skills at producing one of these emails was pathetic.

Delete

Dave

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

lenny, lenny, lenny. . the mere fact that you are in correspondence with this scammer is enough to put your a/cs in jeopardy... be v.v.v.careful, change yr passwords, do a good virus clean on your computer.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

Thanks so much for posting this I had the same guy moments ago it all seems pretty legit but there was just something wrong with the whole scenario
Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

lesson 1 - Never, ever, ever, ever post a live link to a suspected phisher/scammer to the boards. Some people will probably click it.

Please don't be offended, but I have reported your post and it will probably disappear.

Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

Oh Dave, what a meanie you are....reporting the thread on it's SECOND birthday.Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

hey lenny,

ive had exactly the same thing as you from a guy supposedly called Johnathan King. Only thing is that he has taken it the next step further and has sent me a scam email supposedly reporting me to the police as he is adamant he has made the payment. My paypal account is completely empty so i know its not true anyway.

the use of poor english in the emails and the layout and workdings/links etc were so all ovbisouly scam. i've change a couple of my passwords. But any suggestions what i do in the way of stopping this guy from contacting me? ive even said the item is no longer available and told him i havent recieved the funds but he still continues to contact me and send the scam metrepolotan police legal notices etc.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

Never reply to stuff like this. The minute you do they know your lights are on and you will be bombard non stop by them. I would suggest cancelling your old email address and opening a new one and associating the new one with your PayPal accounts.
Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

@srid4108 wrote:

hey lenny,

ive had exactly the same thing as you from a guy supposedly called Johnathan King. Only thing is that he has taken it the next step further and has sent me a scam email supposedly reporting me to the police as he is adamant he has made the payment. My paypal account is completely empty so i know its not true anyway.

the use of poor english in the emails and the layout and workdings/links etc were so all ovbisouly scam. i've change a couple of my passwords. But any suggestions what i do in the way of stopping this guy from contacting me? ive even said the item is no longer available and told him i havent recieved the funds but he still continues to contact me and send the scam metrepolotan police legal notices etc.

Put him on your blocked bidder list and then go to post 4 on this thread to block them:

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/If-a-buyer-has-been-put-on-the-blocked-bidders-list-can-they...

If it's to your private Email address then just block them or use another message rule so the Email doesn't

get to your in box.

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

3 YEARS now.

RIP, please.

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

I have had two of those recently. I just delete them. Never ever click on anything in those emails. If you Log into paypal from there, wave your paypal account goodbye.
Message 20 of 24
Latest reply