Fake - Rainbow Rose seeds

Warning dont buy the Rainbow Rose Seeds that a few sellers have. The are fake, dont waste your money.

For one thing hybrid Roses will not come true from seed. Thats how we get new colours in Roses. If you grow any Roses from seeds (except species) you could have any colour and even poor quality plant and flower.

The Rainbow Rose, you will see the flower on the seller page, is multi-coloured. The reason its done by splitting the stem and placing in water with dye.

Search the interent and will see a number of articles about the Rainbow Rose. I wish E-bay would act and delete these listings. I have a sent number of warning to E-bay over a week ago but so far no action on their side.

Be warned buyers, there are fake item on E-bay.

Message 1 of 75
Latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

I know how to make easy money on E-Bay.

This winter I will go around to friends and collect all the Rose seeds I can get.

I will make a listing on E-bay for a Blue Rose. Next photoshop some Rose images to look blue. Sell the seeds to any stupid buyer.

I will be safe as E-bay does not care that it is fake. The buyer will try to grow the seeds, some will fail. As it will take 2 to 3 years before they flower. Then I will close my account and make off with thousand of dollars of profit.

Dont anyone take my idea!!

Message 11 of 75
Latest reply

Have you done your listing yet?

I would love to buy some blue rose seeds.

I suppose with the rainbow rose seeds you will get a bag full of dyed rose seeds in the colours of the rainbow.

Message 12 of 75
Latest reply

Will do the listing soon.

Because the Blue flowering Rose is rare, seeds are very expensive. I may have to set my price at 1 seed for $2 each. How many would you like to buy, hahaha.

Message 13 of 75
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Both sellers have probably being conned by one of their suppliers and would have just being told that these where real.

Trying to convince those sellers could be a problem as they can be just as gullible as others.

Earlier this year I asked a Chinese seller why would I want to buy one golf tee from them for $1 when I could buy 50 tees for $1.50

They finally came back with that their supplier stated what they should sell them for.

Two weeks later I asked if they had sold any yet and they pulled the listing,:^O

Message 14 of 75
Latest reply

person would 'ave to be low in intellect to fall for that scam.   lol.

fairly sure that some florists use the same technique, to get the brown rose effect

for weddin' bouquets. 

There is a brown rose, it is called 'Julia's Rose' - once again a hybrid and not a particularly strong plant, though the flowers are beautiful. I have a couple in my garden

Message 15 of 75
Latest reply

So far as I know, they haven't yet perfected a true blue rose, they all have a purple hue.

Message 16 of 75
Latest reply

I have dyed white roses green but it's easy to tell a dyed rose because the veins in the flowers have a much stonger colour.

Message 17 of 75
Latest reply

Will do the listing soon.

Because the Blue flowering Rose is rare, seeds are very expensive. I may have to set my price at 1 seed for $2 each. How many would you like to buy, hahaha.

I might buy about 100 seeds please but I might also be a non paying bidder:^O:^O:^O:^O

Message 18 of 75
Latest reply

Wow, sold already, such a demand.

Maybe you could be interested in buying seeds of the Black Flowering Rose? There is a seller located in Sydney selling these. Even has photos to prove it, Photoshop does a great job in making the Rose look black, haha.

Even if was true, a black Rose, growing them from seed will never come true to type. Another fake seller.

Message 19 of 75
Latest reply

The sellers of the Rainbow flowering Rose are located in China, Hong Kong and even America. They know what they are doing is wrong, just making some quick money.

Message 20 of 75
Latest reply