False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

stefo123
Community Member

Yes sold a boxed RAM silver 1 ounce coin cheaply, approx half price to buyer in same state in early April 2023. Delivery was swift and wrapped package very well in bubble wrap as requested by the buyer. I knew I this was a "fussy / difficult" buyer so I took extra care to wrap in the satchel. Buyer claims cardboard box was damaged and clear coin capsule had sand in it! I know this claim was false as the 2014 coin was owned new by me and kept in a safe at home. I commented that aust post may have damaged it? "How could they? You wrapped in 3 layers of buuble wrap!" he replies, the threats and complaints naturally came via messages in ebay app. "I've made a complaint against you for falsely advertising damaged goods etc!"

Ebay sends message to provide a $5.24 shipping label to buyer via Hubbed / Toll. Item is apparently shipped as I'm charged for label on 20/4/2023. Turns out I have a tracking number but satchel never received by Toll.

Looks like buyer gets full refund and has kept the $85 coin and I'm left with a $5.24 shipping charge that was never used / sent.

Seems like a good scam? How did he fool Toll into making the label / satchel seem sent? There was all sorts of photos "proving" the satchel was sent with the Toll transport label placed on it in the photo.

Guy has "private" feedback 100%

Message 1 of 33
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

False claim for refund by local Australian buyer that has private feedback history

Not sure why you are sending me messages via my item for sale,  and I have purchased a multitude of items from the RAM all arrived in boxes not satchels.

And  no need to yell at me.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 33
Latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

What is the tracking number, someone here may be able to tell you what is going on. 

Normally the buyer is not refunded until the return shows as delivered,  I believe that delivery to the hubbed location would be sufficient, as collection is then your responsibility.

Message 2 of 33
Latest reply

OK - firstly having done this for over 15 years -never - never a satchel for a boxed coin.

You should be aware - mint condition - this includes the presentation box - the COA - and indeed the outer cardboard box - unless stated otherwise in your description - as received from the Mint.

A satchel - is for soft items/well read books - etc - they get thrown into the back of the van - having been thrown around several times before this - no matter how much bubble wrap - squish.

You should charge postage for - safe & undamaged - delivery of your item as it was packed & sent - boxed - for this - $9.70 at the PO - + your packaging & fees.

Being provided a tracking number from eBay does not mean that item has actually been sent - where is the buyer's proof of delivery back - look into this carefully - and take another look at those provided pics of proving ' sent '.

Private Feedback has nought to do with it.

Message 3 of 33
Latest reply

Buyers feedback can only ever be 100%- which is bullsheet! Only Seller feedback has any semblance of reality.

Message 4 of 33
Latest reply

@cam-2793 wrote:

................Only Seller feedback has any semblance of reality.

Buyer feedback left for others can be illuminating though Cam...........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 33
Latest reply

I think that was what Cam meant Padi.

Message 6 of 33
Latest reply

I agree with this padi. We hear so often on these boards that 'buyer feedback can only ever be 100%' so ignore it. But like you I see there are many ways that the feedback can illuminate things. It may not be 'right' if strictly following eBay's rules, but there are many ways that a buyers feedback does bring up red flags. By far of course, the 'feedback left for others' is more important, but to say that buyers feedback is not helpful is inaccurate. 

The myth that 'why did you leave a false positive and add to their feedback' and thereby helping the buyer is also not entirely accurate either. It will always be 100% so a eBay feedback score of say 651 isn't much different to 650, but the comment of 'buyer demanded refund' or 'buyer claimed item not arrived' is more valuable to sellers than 1 extra green dot for the buyer. I say this as a seller who has never given a false positive or even replied to a feedback given. 

Message 7 of 33
Latest reply

Hi there, the tracking number you provided, only shows data lodged on the 20/4/23.  Did you upload the tracking number into the return case.  If not ebay assumes you have not complied with the request to provide a return label and the case will be resolved in buyers favor, as soon as the time given by ebay has expired.

If you did upload tracking into the return, I have no idea why the buyer would be refunded, when the tracking shows the item has not been returned.

You might like to contact ebay  CS  via live chat, to see what can be done.  Note you should also be in time to lodge an appeal, but if you do appeal, make sure you do it right, all relevant info, tracking data etc, should be sourced and included in the appeal when it is lodged.  You only get one chance to appeal and if no new relevant info is included with the appeal, then it will be automatically declined.

Message 8 of 33
Latest reply

Just realized that you are just up the road.  I used to go and do the hookup for quite a few years.

Message 9 of 33
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote

Buyer feedback left for others can be illuminating though Cam...........

True

Message 10 of 33
Latest reply