Feedback

Is there any point in leaving feedback any more?.  I know it's been a few years since sellers have been unable to leave anything but positive feedback which seems a total waste of time.  After all if you can't warn other sellers about a bad buyer why bother at all.   The other side of the coin is that fewer and fewer buyers are bothering to leave feedback.   I haven't received feedback for anything I have sold  in the last 12 months.   SO, again what is the point???

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Feedback

@mytreechange wrote:

That' understandable for bigger businesses, but we only have a couple of thousand listings, and like to leave slightly more personal feedback, especially for regular buyers, of which we have quite a few.

We have the time, and it keeps our buyers (and ourselves) happy, so why not.

You know, I do think it can make a difference, at least in good will.

I remember some years ago now, giving good feedback to a seller. And I was surprised as they replied and said it was lovely to hear the positive comments.

It let me know that it truly was a smallish business & I have often found I get more personal help from smaller businesses than those stores that sell in the millions. I'd rather support them when I can.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

I have a theory that leaving feedback depends on the item. I'm more likely to get feedback for items that I have handmade (different ebay account). Overall I've noticed less feedback being left than in the past. I suspect the constant emails requesting feedback for non-ebay online sales and services has turned people off.

For example, every time I have a parcel delivered, Australia Post ask for feedback. 

Recently I bought shoes from a store online and they automatically 'subscribed' me to their constant sale emails and started begging for feedback.

If other buyers are similarly bombarded with what are really junk mail messages, no wonder they are less likely to leave feedback anywhere.

I suspect ebay sellers are more likely to leave feedback when buying as a courtesy to fellow sellers. Members who are only buyers are less likely to make the effort, unless they are in the increasingly small percentage of generously minded, unselfish people out there.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

@paper-jack wrote:

For example, every time I have a parcel delivered, Australia Post ask for feedback. 

I have found they only send these on the ones that went like clockwork.  But if they were late with delivery, or left dumped in the wrong spot no feedback request.

I took the car in for service a few weeks back,  got a call from them a few days later,  asking if I could rate them 10 out of 10, if so they would send me the feedback survey.   I said yes so I got the survey, than rated them the 7 they deservede.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

The constant requests for feedback does get extremely tiresome! Ive had sellers send requests before the item has even arrived and a few days later. If i feel nagged I'm less likely, although once I gave a neutral to a seller specifically stating it would have been positive except for numerous requests for feedback( 3 from memory).

Sugar- ive had Ozpost send feedback surveys when things dont go well.

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

P.s. I think feedback would mean more if buyers could receive honest feedback( which includes neutral and negative), only being able to get positives kinda demeans it and the only reason I can think of for buyers getting feedback is reciprocity - it doesn't tell you anything meaningful, but encourages them to leave feedback.

Message 15 of 15
Latest reply