Getting no buyers for a standup desk I am selling. What embarrassing mistake did I make today? 🤨

jorna-74
Community Member

Hi so I am trying to sell this desk since December and It's almost the end of January so how much did I mess up my listing? Does anyone know why no one likes my desk? It's a very productive piece!🤓

<Link removed - Do not advertise items, listings>

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Getting no buyers for a standup desk I am selling. What embarrassing mistake did I make today? ?

Check out sold listings, similar to yours.  If you are looking for a quick sale, you may have to re-think the price.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Re: Getting no buyers for a standup desk I am selling. What embarrassing mistake did I make today? ?

What mistake? The same one as you made previously, re advertising?

I haven't looked at your listing, as the last thing I need is a standup desk. I have no knees.

But as a general rule of thumb, used is worth less than new, clear pics are worth more than lazy ones containing extraneous objects. As an aside, extraneous objects included in pics usually have potential buyers expecting said extraneous objects included in the sale.

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@twyngwyn do I click on every profile here and PM everyone on this page so they can give feedback on the listing or do you prefer I describe every single photo on my listing by text description?

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

I did and now I can't find it. I don't remember deleting it. I don't know what happened.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

One sold for one bid last week - $50

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

Alright, how is it insane? It's $515AUD new. I'm selling it $224.00 half price with the condition "used". How is that insane? Also, I don't recall saying "new" anywhere at all, where does it say "new"?

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

Settle pettle.

Papermoon was saying those desks are expensive new that's all.

Not anything about your listing. 

Sheesh.

I saw a similar one with all the bells n whistles for $950. (IMO, a little pricey)

image host
Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Wow the insult vanished... guess they didn't want advice after all.

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Look, I'm not a pro seller. I'm just a newb trying to declutter my room. So I don't know how to access your link at all.  Reason, why I started high, is because I know if I start at $50 everyone is going to haggle with me for an even lower price. Honestly, I never expected to sell it for $224.00 at all. Maybe I should have made a bid instead.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

Hi all

As per the Community Guidelines, please remember:

Be respectful.  Content that is harmful, hostile, threatening, abusive, baiting, vulgar, defamatory, harassing, or includes hate or racist speech, name calling, or profanity will be edited or removed. 

The question has been asked and answered, the  "discussion" has started to push the above. 

Please keep it civil.

The eBay Moderation Team

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply