Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

Due to high ridiculous fees plus the new Paypal 180 days claims period, this selling platform

is no longer viable to your average home hobby seller.

I have enjoyed reading the discussion boards for good tips and advice...Thanks to all for your

time and imput to inform others.

I am certain there will be many more to follow.

regards Poppy.

Message 1 of 72
Latest reply
71 REPLIES 71

Re: Goodbye FEEBAY....ANYONE ONE ELSE CLOSING ?

I've closed 4 selling names and will now be buying from shop front stores only or Quicksales etc anything not owned by these thieves!

Message 31 of 72
Latest reply

All these new "improvements" on ebay are getting tooo scary for me.  Being a small seller Ebay don't want me and I don't want ebay.  I will put more effort into QS to try and make that work.  I know ebay own gumtree, but most of the stuff I sell there is pick up only and cash is paid, so I am winning there and no complaints as people get to look at the item and inspect before walking out the door with the item.   I will probably give ebay a miss at least have a break from it until my confidence returns (if ever).  

PS I love reading all the postings here and thanks to all who care and put in the effort.

Message 32 of 72
Latest reply

Yes ebay is no longer worth looking at.

due to heavy listing & fvf plus fees on postage all it has done is force sellers to raise prices to cover these fees.

and now prices on most items are about the same as what you pay for in store with out postage cost.

example i buy diecast cars,

trax 1 43 scale cars avarage price on ebay $60. plus postage.

hobby shops sell them for $58.00 or trax website $54.00 with free postage.

there is no reward for sellers just each month ebay changes the rules take high risks that if a sale happens that the buyer wont scam them to get item for free as ebay has opened the door for these dishonest people to do so without fear of being questioned on there clains.

as a buyer ebay use to be a place where most items could be brought for approx 45% off recommended retail price after postage was included. now expect to pay maybe 10 off recommended retail price plus add postage most items here are dearer than shop frount stores. online selling is not & will not be anywhere as good as it once was.

for years big name retailers cryed that sites like ebay & other online sites was killing them for sales.

so the new trend is these same big name retailers have over taken ebay and ebay looks after them with special deals and whot not yet look at most of these sellers there feedback is scary yet ebay allows rhem to trade. yet small sellers are ^ have been removed for some very minor issues. because the feed back system is way out of date and defects are placed on sellers where buyers are at fault. and ebay even though these defects are proving to be buyers fault ebay refuse to do the right thing by seller and seller has to live with what ever defects get given. if you ask me the biggest defect is the defect system ebay come up with. the defect system must have been made on a friday afternoon long lunch because no thought was put into it. YES IVE CLOSED MY 2 SELLING ACCOUNTS AND WONT BE BUYING OR SELL ON EBAY AGAIN.  

Message 33 of 72
Latest reply

It's just getting way harder to sell and wanting to stay selling with all these changes.

Message 34 of 72
Latest reply

For craft supplies and handmade items there is also Etsy.  You don't have to use PayPal on there because they have a direct checkout where, after a few days, the funds go directly to your bank account.

Message 35 of 72
Latest reply

DETOUR to ETSY !

Ebay under site destruction !

Message 36 of 72
Latest reply

Seems not much longer and it will be completely destructed !
Message 37 of 72
Latest reply

Yes, me too! Too much to worry about by far.  I  will check to see how changes impact, may still buy, and am considering other sites to sell on. Just feel until i can video myself and leave a hidden camera in every parcel there is no longer a point .

Message 38 of 72
Latest reply

yes Poppy .. I closed down shop on the 1st October ..  all just got to much & messy ... still just selling bits & bobs.. clearing some stock .. all the best to you for the future ❤️

@poppy-3348 wrote:

Due to high ridiculous fees plus the new Paypal 180 days claims period, this selling platform

is no longer viable to your average home hobby seller.

I have enjoyed reading the discussion boards for good tips and advice...Thanks to all for your

time and imput to inform others.

I am certain there will be many more to follow.

regards Poppy.

Message 39 of 72
Latest reply

I just found this in relation to ApplePay from http://www.usatoday.com/

"None of this will happen overnight. Only the latest iPhones will be compatible when Apple Pay launches. If you have an older iPhone, an Android handset or another smartphone, you're out of luck, at least under Apple's new system."

Message 40 of 72
Latest reply