Have to report Ebay to ACCC - multiple and ongoing fictitious fees being charged

Subject says it all. I have to report Ebay to the ACCC.

A couple of months ago I spotted extra fees being invoiced by Ebay for non-existant listings. I have dealt with multiple EBAY representatives by phone, chat and email and had enough. Reps hang up, cut off chat's and don't respond to emails. 

I managed to get one set of fees refunded but Ebay is refusing to deal with the rest which have been charged over the past few months. Reps have gone so far as to deny the existance of those fees when they are clearly present in invoices and have been debited from my Paypal account.

The arrogance is incredible.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Have to report Ebay to ACCC - multiple and ongoing fictitious fees being charged

A few people have reported this and sellers should systematically check their invoices. 

After checking my invoices I noticed that additional fees had been charged. The biggest issue is the final valuatuon fee refund when a sale is cancelled. It's only a few dollars each time so easy to not notice but it does add up. 

Message 11 of 28
Latest reply

Re: Have to report Ebay to ACCC - multiple and ongoing fictitious fees being charged

Just caught Ebay again trying to invoice an extra $47.today After spending 40 minutes with customer service I got this reply "Well this is a considered a glitch with the Bulk Listing tool on eBay."

Message 12 of 28
Latest reply

@robinsonmarineparts wrote:

@clarry100 wrote:

I've never actually done a listing-to-fee comprison like that.

So if they were doing it to me I would never know.

I don't check either, i expect Ebay to be honest with there charges.Smiley Happy

Back in my early days I used to check & never found any errors, so I haven't checked in ages & likewise, I expect ebay to be honest with charges.  However, the last two invoices seemed to be ridiculously high compared to sales, so I will take a closer look having read this post - thanks OP

I did catch them out with a couple of FVF Credits they said they issued, which they hadn't, but I gave up chasing them in the end - wasn't worth the angst

Message 13 of 28
Latest reply

I have had the same issue with being overcharged on my inovice.

It took over 1/2 hour with CS Officer by tephone, to convince him I had been overcharged.  The invoice did not add up eg Postage Fees, FVF Fees Postage Fess and credits.

In the end I had to ask him to please get a calculator and add up the invoice totals, only then did he agree with me that there had been an overcharge of $33.00.

You could not tell which items, these errors related to, it was only the calculationon the totals that were incorrect.

So yes it does happen, and yes I do now review my monthly invoices to ensure they are correct

Message 14 of 28
Latest reply

Sometimes I have had a listing fee charged when it was part of a free listing promotion.

I can take a couple of months to sort out but I if I am in the right Ebay has always come to the party.

Message 15 of 28
Latest reply

I ahd simular experence also, am not supprised at what I have been reading in these forums, ebay has lost the plot, gotten money hungery and doesnt care about sellers.

Message 16 of 28
Latest reply

I don't check either, i expect Ebay to be honest with there charges.

That's probably why it continues.  I check now after reading about overcharging and mysterious charges here on the boards some months ago.

Message 17 of 28
Latest reply

Love people who say 'Well, why would ebay do that, you must be mistaken'. Lol. Of course they do it. And they have enough members to keep it fairly quiet, as most don't complain the first or second time and many have no idea these help sections exist AND most people don't want to waste hours chasing a few bucks. So ebay keeps doing 🙂
Message 18 of 28
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

I find it a bit hard to believe that ebay is doing this to you and nobody else.

If this was widespread there would be many sellers coming to the boards to complain

I have a lingering issue that hasn't been resolved for over a month now.

The International Taxes were not refunded to me.

The total appeared correctly in PayPal, however, only the Shipping was credited. The Import Tax was not refunded correctly.

It is bull**bleep** that I would have to absorb the import costs for an item that was listed dishonestly as a "New" item when it was refurbished, and upon receiving - found that it was also the wrong item.

Message 19 of 28
Latest reply

Please explain? More details are needed, especially after bumping a 3yo thread. No need to rant, expain what the issue is. Better still, start a new thread with your issue.

Message 20 of 28
Latest reply