121 REPLIES 121

Re: Heads up. AUS POST just announced price changes

pnc75
Community Member

I wonder when ebay calculator will be up to speed with it all. Not very optimistic, I'm afraid.

Message 111 of 122
Latest reply

I gave up using calculated postage when eBay hadn't updated the calculator in 2 price increases.

They did manage to charge the updated prices on days 1, though.

Message 112 of 122
Latest reply

Spotted the new satchels at local Post Office today.  It appears the same satchel is used for prepaid and postpaid with counter staff adding a prepaid postage label for takeaway.  If you just want postpaid, they sell the same satchel without the label.  Makes sense.

Had a chat with the manager and he was just as confused as his counter staff.  He pointed out the new shelf labels with new prices but they still had the old weight tables printed in the labels !

Their website still shows the old red and white satchels with the new price changes.

I used eBay postage this morning for 500g satchel and was charged the usual $7.55 ?

Message 113 of 122
Latest reply

The new rates have just kicked in for my listings that have calculated postage  - thank goodness!     Pity they couldn't do it in time for my 3 internatoinal sales this morning, but better late than never!

Probably did it in their own time zone not when the Aust Post site actually started?

Message 114 of 122
Latest reply

OUCH .... That hurt.... Took the weekends parcels to the PO. Around half where international with a few heavy ones amongst them. The international postage prices have risen quite a bit. I havnt changed my postage prices on old listings so dropped over $30 just on todays international post. I,m starting to think I might have to do some editing, as I havnt changed old listings post costs for a few years.

On the bright side I suspect I could do quite nicely out of the new 5 kg satchels. A lot of the car parts and tools I sell are small but heavy. I might actually be in front with those.

Message 115 of 122
Latest reply

I'm gradually going through my 1kg listings. So far I have dropped all but 2 of 20ish back to '500g'.

It doesn't really make up for the 1200 odd that the postage has gone up 8% on though. Gotta love the way a wholly owned government corporation can increase prices by 4 x CPI.

Message 116 of 122
Latest reply

The really silly part is it is not about the Australian sellers. AP's costs are going boonta due to all of the cheap carp people are buying from China which AP has to then deliver for a pittance due to international postal agreements. Australian ebay sellers are basically subsidising Australian buyers to purchase from China rather than locally.

Message 117 of 122
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm gradually going through my 1kg listings. So far I have dropped all but 2 of 20ish back to '500g'.

It doesn't really make up for the 1200 odd that the postage has gone up 8% on though. Gotta love the way a wholly owned government corporation can increase prices by 4 x CPI.

They're just doing their bit to get the inflation rate back up into the RBA's preferred range.

Message 118 of 122
Latest reply

Sort out all your labels you can print off in MYPost, go to post office to get these new satchels and they look at you as though you are stupid and making things up, and say they only have these things you have to manually write and send in store. Tell them there are 4 new sizes of satchels, and they say nah only 3 and the Medium is the old 3kg ones, when MyPost tells you the medium is the old 1kg size and the ones they are telling you is medium is now large.

Go via Ebay labels and they say nothing has changed and only 500gm in the small satchels, over that and its 3kg satchel, as before

Theory is one thing, implementation is another

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 119 of 122
Latest reply

And I see the ebay evil elves have changed all my listings from:

ebay 500g satchel

to

Standard Postage (Australia Post Standard Medium Box/Satchel

sigh  - I thought it was a bit quiet - when my sales go very quiet it is always a software change.

Message 120 of 122
Latest reply