How do I give a pick up address?

I messaged a buyer my phone number and address to pick up an item then was warned by eBay that this is against policy.  I have done this before many times so it must be something new.  How do I give a buyer my details to pick up his purchase?  My telepathic abilities are a bit rusty.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can also go To My eBay > Account > Addresses

There, you should see several options for addresses (registration, delivery addresesses etc), including " Payment and purchase pickup address". The address that is entered there is provided to buyers in the notification when they purchase an item that allows pick-up (it may also display in invoices). 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

you can print out your address and phone number on a sheet of A4 paper, take a photo of it then send it to the buyer as an attachment.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

@borg1962 wrote:

I messaged a buyer my phone number and address to pick up an item then was warned by eBay that this is against policy.  I have done this before many times so it must be something new.  How do I give a buyer my details to pick up his purchase?  My telepathic abilities are a bit rusty.

Ridiculous. I have often used messages to find out addresses from sellers. How else can a person pick up/

Personally, I would be ringing ebay and pointing out it was a pick up item so what did they expect?

As far as I am aware, a seller can see the address of a buyer but not necessarily vice versa?

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

My understanding is that you are allowed to provide contact details (address and phone number) once the purchase has been made by the buyer through Ebay.  So make sure your buyer has hit the 'Buy It Now' or has won the auction and then you should be able to send this information.

Your buyer can also request your (the seller) contact details through Ebay once they have made the purchase - this gets emailed to them by Ebay if they ask for it.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

You can also go To My eBay > Account > Addresses

There, you should see several options for addresses (registration, delivery addresesses etc), including " Payment and purchase pickup address". The address that is entered there is provided to buyers in the notification when they purchase an item that allows pick-up (it may also display in invoices). 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you all for your help.  You're all very wonderful Cat Very Happy

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

"Payment and purchase pickup address" isn't showing for me:

2017-11-20 09_40_02-My eBay Account_ Addresses.jpg

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Must be a fairly recent change, as it's still listed in the "About Addresses" box. ("Payment address"). 

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

That's no longer there as eBay are now paranoid about sellers giving buyers their address before they have

purchased the item/s,(as they believe everyone wants to rip them off by selling privately once they have the

sellers address).

It could be a push to try and get sellers to go through Gumtree but some now choose to not sell on eBay or

Gumtree and have found other avenue's to sell,(so their paranoia is back firing on them),Angry head bang.gif

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

That's no longer there as eBay are now paranoid about sellers giving buyers their address before they have

purchased the item/s,(as they believe everyone wants to rip them off by selling privately once they have the

sellers address).

Sounds about right - the address was only ever provided to someone who had already purchased an item (in the purchase notification), but these days one can't expect eBay to know how their site works, (or worked, often more specifically).

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply