selling overseas

Hi, i am looking at selling overseas for the first time.

Is it possible to list the countries you wnat to sell to instead of having every country,

I wanrt to limit it to only a couple of countries.

Thank you

Sharon.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

selling overseas

During the listing process you get to the postage section. In the International section you have three options to select.

1) No international postage

2) calculate postage

3) flat rate to all customers

Select your postage cost method. Usually calculted for parcels or flat rate for large letters. ( you can also buy international satchels for some destination postal zones )

Once you have selected this a new box appears titled " Posts too ". Choose custom location.

You then have a series of destinations appear with check boxes. Simply check the countries you wish to post to and job done. I think if you want to get even more complicated there is an option to mail to everywhere except specific locations chosen.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

selling overseas

During the listing process you get to the postage section. In the International section you have three options to select.

2) calculate postage

Select your postage cost method. Usually calculted for parcels or flat rate for large letters. ( you can also buy international satchels for some destination postal zones )

Once you have selected this a new box appears titled " Posts too ". Choose custom location.

You then have a series of destinations appear with check boxes. Simply check the countries you wish to post to and job done. I think if you want to get even more complicated there is an option to mail to everywhere except specific locations chosen.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

Just a further comment, I can appreciate you only want to mail to a few reliable countries to start with and that makes perfect sense.

I mail worldwide and have found little difference between countries as far as problems go. The only ones that I occasionally have issues with are Canada, due to slow customs clearances at times and occasionaly with South American countries. I have never had a problem with asian countries and very few with the baltic states. It is fascinating to see where items go with my strangest being a skid steer loader component to the North Pole.......Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

I have usually no problems with International mail.Belgium is the only country I have had a problem with.B Post is very unreliable.They also tax some parcels and are delivered very late .Causing a bit of trouble with Ebays postage times..

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

Hi, thank you all for your help.

Your comments have been great.

Thanks

Sharon.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

I have had major problems with Canada, Israel, Russia and Mexico.

Found it was easier to just post to USA, NZ and UK

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

@chameleon54 wrote:

2) calculate postage

Hi, i tried this with one of my listings.

After i select internationa postage and the postage method i don't get a price or a box that lets me choose custom locations.

It only stays as worldwide shipping.

Thank you

Sharon.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

Hi, i just worked it out.

I have to go into my selling preferences and nominate the countries i want to post to.

Thank you

Sharon.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

FYI, I have had problems with Russia, Spain, Italy, Turkey, India, Sth America.

Sales to France, Canada, USA and U.K.

image host
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

selling overseas

@robbins3910 wrote:

@chameleon54 wrote:

2) calculate postage

Hi, i tried this with one of my listings.

After i select internationa postage and the postage method i don't get a price or a box that lets me choose custom locations.

It only stays as worldwide shipping.

Thank you

Sharon.

Glad to see you made it work, but the highlighted bit is still a bit unusual. I just tried it again on one of my listings. Once I select the postage method ( calculated or flat rate ) and check the " post to box" I get a new box with two choices.

1) worldwide

2) select custom location.

By selecting custom location I get a pop up with all of the international postal countries or zones along with check boxes next to them. Using this system I can select which countries I wish to send to while listing the specific item.

It is worth noting that there used to be at least three different listing page designs running on ebay at the same time, so what I see may not be exactly what you see. I,m not sure if ebay has standardised things now, so that we all see the same listing page layout. 

This was not well known and the only reason I was aware of the variation was that I use three selling accounts and at one stage, each one had a slightly different listing page design and functions.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply