How do I give a pick up address?

I messaged a buyer my phone number and address to pick up an item then was warned by eBay that this is against policy.  I have done this before many times so it must be something new.  How do I give a buyer my details to pick up his purchase?  My telepathic abilities are a bit rusty.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How do I give a pick up address?

Despite the fact what Ebay is doing is actually illegal by law they do as they wish.
I should point out there are fake profiles on here created by..(take a guess) pretending to be buyers and asking for a contact phone number.
Soon as anyone gives it they are suspended.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: How do I give a pick up address?

The thing is, you can still sell off eBay with pick up items. You list a carboard box for $800 (probably an empty ipad box) as a pick up only. Buyer hits buy. You give them your address. They come around and you say "if you wish to pay cash and agree to cancel, I'll let you have it for $750 as I won't be paying fees". Buyer agrees, because everyone loves a discount.

Sure, you might have to wait 10 days, but you've still effectively sold off eBay. You've still come out in front because your fees would have been $80 (give or take a few cents). I know someone who has done it a few times (not me!) and had no issues at all. Both buyer and seller happy. Buyer got a nice discount for cash, seller didn't pay any fees. Win win.

It will get to the point where pick up items are no longer allowed because their paranoia will just continue to escalate.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply