How is it possible with the set up of the eBay feedback page to leave negative feedback to warn.

How is it possible to leave negative feedback for a dishonest buyer when the set up of the feedback page does not allow this anymore. In this particular case there are several negative comments from sellers who have been stung - not paid, no response to communication etc...but they can only submit their comments with the Positive button so the buyer who is causing all the trouble ends up with 100% positive feedback. This is a terrible situation for sellers' integrity and many have been affected and it is not a true reflection of a situation.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: How is it possible with the set up of the eBay feedback page to leave negative feedback to warn.

Some buyers can be a pain and non paying bidders are probably the least of it, it can be buyers who create trouble by making false claims after a purchase & getting full refunds, leaving a seller out of pocket.

Sure, you'd like to leave them a neg but you can only work in the system that exists and that option hasn't been around for years.

Carry through with a non payment strike for those who bid but never pay. Set up your blocks so those with previous strikes can no longer buy from you. If enough sellers do that, it will start to have an impact on those bidders, you'll cramp their style and they won't be able to buy when they want to. That's what you want-a  real consequence, because they probably wouldn't take much notice of feedback anyway.

On no account give them a green dot-keep their score low by giving no feedback at all. A green dot with neg comments is just playing into their hands and making them look good at first glance.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Re: How is it possible with the set up of the eBay feedback page to leave negative feedback to warn.

Thank you for a good measured response. Just one thing though. You were not the first to comment that the option has not been around for years but if you would like to check my personal feedback you will see that there is one neutral feedback which was given in April 2017. I may be very wrong but I think there was another change to the feedback process since that time. Regardless of that I think your comments are pretty well spot on.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Ebay is all for the buyer and protecting the buyer and does not allow negs to be left for buyers

Sadly, many people choose to foolishly leave a green dot with a neg comment, which is not only against ebay rules, but as you say, the scammer keeps their 100% record

I am hoping all these people have open a non payment dispute against the time wasting scammers so they can get their fees back, and then added the scammers to their blocked bidders list

And I totally agree, sellers SHOULD be able to leave honest red dots for these people, regardless of strikes and other so-called 'punishments' but it won't happen because ebay is too concerned with protecting these 'people' 

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

How is a seller's integrity compromised by not being allowed to leave a negative for a non-paying buyer?

I wouldn't call a buyer dishonest for not paying and not communication. It's a nuisance but that's about all.

Just wait until ebay opts you in to immediate payment on everything. That's far more inconvenient for sellers than non-payers are, and you lose genuine buyers because of it.

@ enigma, non-payers aren't scammers. Scammers are people who try and get something for nothing.

Having blocks in place for non-payers is far more effective than being able to leave red dots. The blocks prevent them buying but a red dot doesn't. Most of us don't have the time to check every buyer's feedback before we post their items or send an invoice.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I'd just like to add that while it's inconsiderate to buy and not pay, how many of us can say we've never taken something to the checkout in a supermarket and then decided we don't want it after all, for whatever reason? Would we like to have to wear a sign for the next year that says "this person changes their mind and doesn't go through with their purchase"?

That's essentially what a red dot does and it's not necessary for the person who only does it occasionally. If they're a serial pest the blocks will soon stop them from buying so red dots are totally unnecessary in their case.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Does not allow it anymore? How much of your 9 years have you been able to?

From memory the option went away before I joined in 2009. If it has taken you this long to realise, it can't really be a problem.

Just give them a strike and block them.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

the reality is though, how often do you get to view a buyer's feedback before they buy from you? 

i've found that even buyers who have been painful for other people have sometimes been extremely pleasant for me. your best indication of a buyer with the system being how it is, is looking at the feedback they have left for others. 

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

There should be a word that is not in common use that could be put in positive feedback to alert sellers looking

at it when a problem arises that tells them this buyer should not be given benefit of the doubt.

Problem is the bad sellers would use it as payback just like the old negative feedback was abused.

Example >>  Thanks for buying you are Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Some buyers can be a pain and non paying bidders are probably the least of it, it can be buyers who create trouble by making false claims after a purchase & getting full refunds, leaving a seller out of pocket.

Sure, you'd like to leave them a neg but you can only work in the system that exists and that option hasn't been around for years.

Carry through with a non payment strike for those who bid but never pay. Set up your blocks so those with previous strikes can no longer buy from you. If enough sellers do that, it will start to have an impact on those bidders, you'll cramp their style and they won't be able to buy when they want to. That's what you want-a  real consequence, because they probably wouldn't take much notice of feedback anyway.

On no account give them a green dot-keep their score low by giving no feedback at all. A green dot with neg comments is just playing into their hands and making them look good at first glance.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Thank you for a good measured response. Just one thing though. You were not the first to comment that the option has not been around for years but if you would like to check my personal feedback you will see that there is one neutral feedback which was given in April 2017. I may be very wrong but I think there was another change to the feedback process since that time. Regardless of that I think your comments are pretty well spot on.
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

yes, but you were the seller in that case
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply