How many items have Australia Post lost of your items lately?

As it stands I am averaging 3 a week over around 80 PB2's sent per week. A few months back I sent 16 PB's out, gave them direct to the local PO to send and none of them got to the customers! I went in and questioned them to only be met with a blank face and a care factor of less than zero. $400 just went down the drain...

As a big majority of my items I sell are very small and light weight I send them in a PB2 and slap a prepaid $1.20 sticker on it. If I register the item I would have to put that extra charge on the item and then it would make my item price above the competition and I wouldn't sell anything. So I'm kinda stuck.

So what do you guys do for sending small items that you litterally can't register because of competition pricing?

Also another question. How tough are you on your customers if AP lose a C & S parcel? The item is worth more than the standard insurance ( even though you state they can pay the extra in your listings T & C's) Do you help the customer out and send another item or tell them tough tittes, buy another.

I am very soft here and will usually send out another item and just try to claim back what I can from AP. I know its not doing my end figures any good but I do it to avoid upsetting the customer and get negative feedback.

Cheers.

Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Re: How many items have Australia Post lost of your items lately?

I'm still trying to figure out what PB2 is. Is the buyer selling PB2 peanut butter protein? if so, there must be a bodybuilder working at Australia Post.

Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

In all the years I’ve been selling I’ve never had a parcel lost, but I’ve always sent with tracking. I’ve sent local and os, cheap and things worth $500+
For a bit of fun on my behalf I’d be getting a couple of those cheap tracking chips and put them (preferably hidden, even if it’s in rubbish that will be thrown out) in the ones I think might go missing and see where they end up
Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

@andrew0123 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out what PB2 is. Is the buyer selling PB2 peanut butter protein? if so, there must be a bodybuilder working at Australia Post.

That is one of the many pitfalls of resurrecting old threads. Things change.

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

Peanut butter hasn't changed much in decades... I like the Kiwi brand.
Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

THIEVES

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

I doubt the OP is very interested in your comment.  They posted nearly 7 years ago.  If you have a problem, start a new thread

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

Re resurrection of old threads - about time further comments on threads closed after a set period. 

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

For untracked items, Auspost lose about 1

@mcoptimus wrote:

As it stands I am averaging 3 a week over around 80 PB2's sent per week. A few months back I sent 16 PB's out, gave them direct to the local PO to send and none of them got to the customers! I went in and questioned them to only be met with a blank face and a care factor of less than zero. $400 just went down the drain...

As a big majority of my items I sell are very small and light weight I send them in a PB2 and slap a prepaid $1.20 sticker on it. If I register the item I would have to put that extra charge on the item and then it would make my item price above the competition and I wouldn't sell anything. So I'm kinda stuck.

So what do you guys do for sending small items that you litterally can't register because of competition pricing?

Also another question. How tough are you on your customers if AP lose a C & S parcel? The item is worth more than the standard insurance ( even though you state they can pay the extra in your listings T & C's) Do you help the customer out and send another item or tell them tough tittes, buy another.

I am very soft here and will usually send out another item and just try to claim back what I can from AP. I know its not doing my end figures any good but I do it to avoid upsetting the customer and get negative feedback.

Cheers.

For my untracked items, Auspost lose about 1 in 300 or so orders.  Thankfully not too many.  I've had a couple of tracked items lost and refunded by Auspost since Covid.  Prior to Covid I had one or two tracked orders returned to sender, but I suspect the buyer messed up the address.

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

Not good. All sellers are being squeezed between eBay

and AusPost. No compo for lost tracked letters anymore,

despite the price rising by 30% at the same time. eBay

meanwhile over 3 years has put all responsibility for delivery

on the seller. Tiny business operators have to cover what

Australia Post loses. In my experience AustPost loses about

2% of tracked letter & express post which is negligence. Had

a tracked letter go missing 3 weeks ago with a $65 coin

($2, 6 grams) and I can tell where it went missing - AusPost

refused to even discuss how it was lost and made it clear it

would not be looked for. Since letters or parcels can only

arrive or not arrive, the tracking is completely useless.

Additionally, since no search takes place, theft is very

simple for AustPost staff.

Anyone relying on cheap reliable postage will now go to

the wall, myself included. 

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

Hi,

The thread has been locked due to age. Do not hesitate to open a new one if you still need assistance 

Thank you

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply