I dont know what to do. help?

I don't understand, I posted a video game to italy but due to the corona virus, it has been delayed, and i am the one being punished by ebay... i feel so hopeless, 250 dollars out of pocket, and they most likely get to keep the game...

I provided tracking and called Aus post internationational and told me that do to the current issue the postage will be delayed... 

anyone know what i can do?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I dont know what to do. help?

Firstly, stop sending internationally - there are just too many delays.

Secondly, Italy is one of the worst places to sell to - they have a very high rate of "missing" items.

If you're going to continue to send internationally, then I recommend you move out your handling time to the maximum of 30 days, so it gives you a buffer.

My understanding is that as long as you have tracking and sent it within your handling time, you "should" be covered by Ebay.

Have you actually uploaded the tracking number into the case?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yup, i will not be sending outside internationally anymore, i'm new to sending, just wanted to get some money for vet bills and for the holidays, 

and yeah I had tracking and sign on package.

I sent it within 24hrs after payment went through, like i always do.  

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

But have you uploaded the tracking number to the case? You have to do that, or eBay's bots won't know.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I did post the traking number, both times, once when you mark as "SENT" and when ebays bots asked for it. 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

i can completely sympathise.  I sent a parcel to Sweden in early November (it was an expensive item too).  It was tracked as far as leaving Brisbane international airport and then nothing until about 2 days ago (now it's still sitting awaiting customs clearance in Sweden).  I have been fortunate that the buyer has not lodged a case with eBay.  

Australia Post are practically useless, the timeframes they talk about to resolve the cases are far too long if you happen to be selling with eBay.  And the estimated timeframes that eBay provide are much too short. However, I would lodge a claim with Australia Post- , if the parcel doesn't goes missing - you should be able to get $100 insurance claim which I think is included.  

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

Firstly, stop sending internationally - there are just too many delays.

Secondly, Italy is one of the worst places to sell to - they have a very high rate of "missing" items.

If you're going to continue to send internationally, then I recommend you move out your handling time to the maximum of 30 days, so it gives you a buffer.

My understanding is that as long as you have tracking and sent it within your handling time, you "should" be covered by Ebay.

Have you actually uploaded the tracking number into the case?

Unfortunately if the buyer opens a dispute for not received, even with tracking uploaded, and eBay find in their favour because the item didn't arrive within the advertised time frame eBay will tell you to contact the buyer and request payment and wash their hands of it.  It sucks, despite you doing the right thing, seller protection doesn't exist.  

if an item is showing as still "in transit" eBay shouldn't be refunding buyers. Just plain wrong IMHO

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you, what throws salt into the wound is that it is moving in the system chrome_MdTaYQ1qen.png

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I had that happen with an item to the UK.  even though it was still in transit and the buyer was fully refunded al my expense.  best advice... don't appeal the decision with ebay UNTIL you get proof its been delivered.

and if you don't get that proof file a claim with australia post, if you have tracking they will eventually with much prompting and waiting past 60 days reimbuse you....In my experience took from august to dec...

(mine said it was still in transit too)

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply