I finally found a use for all that Ebay tape...

Remember a couple of years ago when Ebay delivered branded tape to some of us sellers?

The 6 rolls have been sitting there gathering dust until I realised that since I am moving home in 2 weeks I can use it to tape up my packing boxes without having to go to Bunnings.

WIN!

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

I use mine for masking skirting boards and architraves before paining walls.Man Indifferent

Message 11 of 39
Latest reply

That's cruel

Message 12 of 39
Latest reply

The only thing I tried to use it for so far was a very "there, I fixed it......" fail.

PSA - eBay tape can't fix broken desk chairs, lol.

Message 13 of 39
Latest reply

@umpteenbooks wrote:

I found a use for mine too.......I use strips to remove pet hair off furniture, bedding and clothes!!! 🙂

Damn!  You should have warned me, to get the cat off the couch first.

Message 14 of 39
Latest reply

I'm not surprised about that Digi....it is a cheap and nasty as most of this site.

Thank goodness most sellers manage to make their own shops and listings a bit more classy than the overall site.

Message 15 of 39
Latest reply

I wasn't really too surprised either, just irrationally hopeful then resigned Smiley LOL My chair was impossible to sit in after it broke and I had nothing really to replace it with, so it was kind of a hail-mary stop gap solution attempt while I had to wait for a new one to be delivered. 

Alas, I sat at my desk on an ottoman. Which worked about as well as you'd imagine - it was a bit like when I got to sit at the adult table as a kid and my chin was about level with the table edge*, only I had to be doing proper adult stuff instead of just listening to it.

And I couldn't do the evil-swivel-around in my chair thing, for nearly a whole week.

frustrated 

*may or may not be an exaggeration

Message 16 of 39
Latest reply

@gutterpunkz05 wrote:

Damn!  You should have warned me, to get the cat off the couch first.

Gaffa tape will remove cats from couches quick-smart.................then you can stick them anywhere convenient that comes to mind.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 17 of 39
Latest reply

I have three different methods for removing cat fur from furniture! (And that doesn't even include my operatic command to my cat to get his imperial curled-up self off my incredibly special Ergohuman chair (in red) - at once!)

Message 18 of 39
Latest reply

I only have a full-swivel emoticon, not the evil half-swivel with steepling of fingers...

The chair swivel

(No tape.)

Message 19 of 39
Latest reply

I am not surprised that eBay didn't give me any branded tape, as I'm not a seller...

Is this tape biodegradable?

Is it compostable?

Is it made from recycled plastic?

No? Oh, eBay, eBay... destroyer of planets...

Message 20 of 39
Latest reply